Options

Glenn Beck is a douchebag

flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
edited February 2009 in A Moving Train
How do people listen to this idiot?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-amat ... 66991.html

Glenn Beck has really gone to Crazy Town after he joined FOX News, not that he was much saner on CNN, but he's so much more forthcoming with his insanity since Roger Ailes is now his boss. As you'll see, right wing talk show hosts can flip flop their positions whenever it suits their own needs or whenever something happens in the news that they feel will make them look "compassionate." And this one is really sickening so I had to share this with you..

David Neiwert writes:

Glenn Beck, on his Fox show yesterday afternoon, did a really lovely encomium to Beverly Eckert, the 9/11 widow who was a victim of that horrible plane crash outside Buffalo yesterday. In fact, like most Beck productions, it was downright maudlin. But we had to applaud certain sentiments, such as when he lauded Eckert for her post-9/11 activism: (here's the video)
Beck: After the attacks, she became a vocal activist for families of 9/11 victims. She pushed for the 9/11 Commission. She demanded answers from the government, and helped win the passage of the Intelligence Reform law.
And of course, Beck looked very, very sincere delivering this.

How sincere was he?

Here's Glenn Beck on his radio show back in 2005:

Beck: You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. It took me about a year. Um, and I had such compassion for them and I really, you know, I wanted to help them, and I was behind -- let's give them money, let's get them started, and all of this stuff. And I really didn't -- all the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them, I hate about, probably about ten of them. But when I see 9/11 victim family, you know, on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up.' I'm so sick of them. Because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And again, it's only about ten.
After that, of course, he went on to talk about how much he hated the Hurricane Katrina victims.

But America, look into his eyes! You can see how sincere he is!

In 2005 he just hated those serial complaining 9/11 widows because they were making Republicans who were solidly in power look bad, so they should just "shut up."

Yesterday he needed to emote to his viewers and show them how personally he's committed to supporting the grief we all feel over Beverly Eckert's tragic death because of her great accomplishments. He's a con artist of the highest degree and the 9/11 widows deserve much better than the Glenn Beck's of the world.

John Amato is the founder of CrooksandLiars.com

Glenn Beck has really gone to Crazy Town after he joined FOX News, not that he was much saner on CNN, but he's so much more forthcoming with his insanity since Roger Ailes is now his boss. As you'll...
Glenn Beck has really gone to Crazy Town after he joined FOX News, not that he was much saner on CNN, but he's so much more forthcoming with his insanity since Roger Ailes is now his boss. As you'll...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Obama hates them too, so what is your point?
  • Options

Glenn Beck has really gone to Crazy Town after he joined FOX News, not that he was much saner on CNN, but he's so much more forthcoming with his insanity since Roger Ailes is now his boss. As you'll see, right wing talk show hosts can flip flop their positions whenever it suits their own needs or whenever something happens in the news that they feel will make them look "compassionate." And this one is really sickening so I had to share this with you..

David Neiwert writes:

Glenn Beck, on his Fox show yesterday afternoon, did a really lovely encomium to Beverly Eckert, the 9/11 widow who was a victim of that horrible plane crash outside Buffalo yesterday. In fact, like most Beck productions, it was downright maudlin. But we had to applaud certain sentiments, such as when he lauded Eckert for her post-9/11 activism: (here's the video)
    Beck: After the attacks, she became a vocal activist for families of 9/11 victims. She pushed for the 9/11 Commission. She demanded answers from the government, and helped win the passage of the Intelligence Reform law.

How sincere was he?

Beck: You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. It took me about a year. Um, and I had such compassion for them and I really, you know, I wanted to help them, and I was behind -- let's give them money, let's get them started, and all of this stuff. And I really didn't -- all the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them, I hate about, probably about ten of them. But when I see 9/11 victim family, you know, on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up.' I'm so sick of them. Because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And again, it's only about ten.
    After that, of course, he went on to talk about how much he hated the Hurricane Katrina victims.

In 2005 he just hated those serial complaining 9/11 widows because they were making Republicans who were solidly in power look bad, so they should just "shut up."

Yesterday he needed to emote to his viewers and show them how personally he's committed to supporting the grief we all feel over Beverly Eckert's tragic death because of her great accomplishments. He's a con artist of the highest degree and the 9/11 widows deserve much better than the Glenn Beck's of the world.

instead of getting your info from a far left web site why dont you watch the show and then give your take on it.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
  • Options
    JB811 wrote:
    Obama hates them too, so what is your point?

Um, do I have a huge "I love Obama" sticker on my forehead or something?? No ?? Then what is YOUR point??
  • Options
    gvn2fly74 wrote:

David Neiwert writes:

How sincere was he?

instead of getting your info from a far left web site why dont you watch the show and then give your take on it.

Haha, I dont think I'll take advice on news sources from someone who refers to anyone with a differing opinion as Libs in 90% of his posts. Just because someone doesnt have a far right view of the world doesnt automatically make them bleeding heart liberals. I guess reading a transcript of what he said doesnt count.
  • Options
    gvn2fly74 wrote:

David Neiwert writes:

How sincere was he?

Haha, I dont think I'll take advice on news sources from someone who refers to anyone with a differing opinion as Libs in 90% of his posts. Just because someone doesnt have a far right view of the world doesnt automatically make them bleeding heart liberals. I guess reading a transcript of what he said doesnt count.
    I dont have a far right view of the world I just happen to disagree with most on the FAR LEFT AND THE FAR RIGHT. all Im saying is most Of the info on the web when it comes to news is taken out of context both far left and right do it.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Glenn Beck Sean Hanity Rush Limbaugh. All the same.
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Glenn Beck Sean Hanity Rush Limbaugh. All the same.

Your'e bonkers. I'll take Beck ANY DAY over those other 2. OUCH!
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:

Colbert tends to annoy me, but that was funny.

I never watched Beck's show on Fox... does he do that eye close up all the time? That couldn't be more distracting and annoying.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    Beck is a swine of the highest order.

He's nothing but 3rd string babbling whore, shamelessly humping the legs of any network foolish enough to actually take his drunken bargain bin resume seriously.

Don't take his gibberish as anything more than the sorry hack job reporting that it is.

Glen Beck is a lime ridden mosquito on the ass of TV Journalisim.

He's a joke amongst his trade. The Bill Bonds of his generation.
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:

He's nothing but 3rd string babbling whore, shamelessly humping the legs of any network foolish enough to actually take his drunken bargain bin resume seriously.

Don't take his gibberish as anything more than the sorry hack job reporting that it is.

Just out of general curiosity, WHO would be someone that folks around here WOULD consider to be a fine journalist? ANY of the major network "news" hosts?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:

Just out of general curiosity, WHO would be someone that folks around here WOULD consider to be a fine journalist? ANY of the major network "news" hosts?

Frank Rich, John Dean, Eugene Robinson, Andrew Sullivan (more of a blogger I know) is a short list.

Glen Beck is a shit stain compared to any of the people I listed above.
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:

you wont get an ansewr on that one b/c they cant name one. All they can do is luanch personal attacks against those they diagree with.
  • Options
    I bet you guys have never even watched his show.If you dont like him don't watch his show why cant you just agree to disagree with someone ? I dont understand the personal attacks :? It just shows your lack of respect.\I dont agree with chris Mathews or anyone else on msnbc for that matter but I still respect their views or opinions. :)
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    DD164485 wrote:

Frank Rich, John Dean, Eugene Robinson, Andrew Sullivan (more of a blogger I know) is a short list.

Glen Beck is a shit stain compared to any of the people I listed above.

NONE of these is a news HOST though.
    Why are we comparing TV personality "reporters" to NYTimes and Washington Post journalists (and EDITORS) ???

Pick a major network news personality, any one, that is a great example of journalistic integrity.

Dan Rather?
    Anderson Cooper?

???

???
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Thought someone asked for journalists...

You want a TV personality with integrity?

Rachel Maddow
  • Options
    Walter Cronkite
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Thought someone asked for journalists...

You want a TV personality with integrity?

Rachel Maddow

^^^^
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Finally caught some of show in Australia on the weekend.

Man what a douche!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!