Jeremy music video/song interpretation

Hey so im talking about the video that was played on mtv not the old black and white one.
OK so this is just my interpretation on the video for Jeremy.
Ok first off in the beginning "an affluent suburb" flashes across the screen and then we get all those creepy newspaper articles about unpleasant things, i guess this is obvious it shows the world is/was ignoring peoples pain and that the media doesn't show reality, which is very true to this day i think
So in the vid Jeremys drawing pictures and he's surrounded by them the lyric at that part is "At home drawing pictures of mountain tops with him on top lemon yellow sun arms raised in a V" This makes me think of someone losing somebody important in their life, maybe their father or best friend, by death and maybe they are drawing them looking at their life from death. OR perhaps they are trying to connect or "speak" to the dead loved one.
Moving on... Later in the vid "Described as" "Bored "Ignored" goes on the screen. Maybe jeremy was bored with ignorant people, people who don't care about anything important and are too involved in commercial stuff.
Okay anyways later The kids in the class are shown giving the nazi salute but jeremy is the only one not saluting and then later it shows him wrapped in a american flag. I think this means that so many people don't really understand what they believe in and are following. Like I guess it could be political, religious, or whatever but so many times people are forced to believe or act a certain way and be forced into things that they don't understand or don't believe in. But, since Jeremy isn't shown giving the salute i think it means he felt different than other people and didn't follow the crowd, sort of a "rebel in society" i suppose.

And then the chorus "Jeremy spoke in class today" So maybe since he shot himself in front of the kids that means he spoke out against not following what you believe in, and maybe he was hurt by them and was pissed and wanted them to feel his pain. Finally, a blackboard is shown at the beginning and end of thee video. Since the blackboard didn't change maybe it means that life goes on when bad things happen, he shot him self but the world went on, the holocaust happened but the world went on. Also, there is the lyrics "Try to forget this try to erase this from the blackboard" So maybe that means the bad things happen but the world goes on and they stay a part of you no matter what you do you cant change the past.

I don't know what Pearl Jam was thinking when they made the video i'm probably wrong but this is just what I think when i watch it. Lemme know your thoughts on the song or video or what it means to you.
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    great post
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”