Options

November Hotel needs to be played on the next tour!

soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
edited February 2010 in The Porch
just wanted to get that out there. i'm sure that if it's played it won't be at a show i'm at (they skipped dallas on avocado tour), but i can get the boot when it's played. november hotel is by far the best mccready solo ever put out and it needs to be played at least once! anyone with me on this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would love it if they played november hotel or anything from Mad Season. It could be a dedication to Layne in the same way that they play crown of thorns every once in a while in memory of andrew wood.
    Get over here!
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    agreed, i would love to hear november hotel!
  • Options
    no, they should play River of Deceit as a tag to Yellow Ledbetter ... it would work PERFECTLY.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Next Flight To Mars show, Mike gotta rip this shit up!!! 8-)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I agree with your thread title!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    Any Mad Season would be amazing, but I think River of Deceit would work well in a set.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Next Flight To Mars show, Mike gotta rip this shit up!!! 8-)

that would be sweet, but i wouldn't be able to hear it or see it
  • Options
    My vote would have to be for River of Deceit, but any song would be fine.

At the end of Ledbetter in one of the Gorge shows he actually does hit a few notes of it....can't remember which show but it is definitely there
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    My vote would have to be for River of Deceit, but any song would be fine.

At the end of Ledbetter in one of the Gorge shows he actually does hit a few notes of it....can't remember which show but it is definitely there

the '05 show
  • Options
    I dont remember it in 05.
    But I know he did it 2nd night in 06.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm in complete agreement with this thread. Anytime I listen to "River of Deceit " , " November Hotel" , or anything by Mad Season, I get goosebumps.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm in complete agreement with this thread. Anytime I listen to "River of Deceit " , " November Hotel" , or anything by Mad Season, I get goosebumps.

every time i hear november hotel i just get super amount of energy from the song just building and building. if i know i'm gonna have a long day at work i start the ipod playlist on november hotel. plus it's just long enough when the crescendo hits i'm pulling down the drive at work.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Duff mentioned in his blog that they are rehearsing River of Deciet for the Haiti event.

Don't see why they couldn't jam November Hotel as well.

Agreed on PJ playing it though. That would rip!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    It's the best rock instrumental of all time, imho. The way it opens with the toms and matts love of using the toms it could easily be incorporated!
  • Options
    I Don't Know Anything. Fuckin' love that song.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    if your gonna play 1 song from that album you might as well play it all!
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:

+1 (mad season live has been my holy grail for a loooonnngggg time)
    please, please mike?
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I would prefer Artificial Red... :)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    ditto. but i think i want to hear wake up first.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    the reason I would like to hear it is two-fold. First Mike really, really, really kills it on the solo's through out the jam, so I'd like to see him go for broke on this for 7+ minutes (really tired of the EFlow solos), and it's a selection from a side project where nobody has to complain about someone else singing Layne's song.
  • Options
    I know this is an old thread but I have to fire this up again.   I heard this song on PJ Radio today and cranked it up... and I immediately flashed back to McCready’s interview with Perry Farrell on SiriusXM a bunch of years back.   McCready talked about the Jane’s Addiction song “Three Days” (one of my all time favourite songs) and how the guitar in there was such an influence and an inspiration.

November Hotel is an epic jam just like Three Days and that baseline reminds me of Three Days.   I couldn’t get out of my truck as I sat outside my house rocking out at full blast until it was done.  This song is a masterpiece I had completely forgotten about.  
    PJ would absolutely rock this live...  make it happen boys.... Calgary is as good a place as any 👍
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    I’d love to hear them bust out November Hotel...

...but only on their Australia 2020 to promote their new album!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)