cold stone creamery

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
holy mother of god...what sadistic fucker invented this ice cream and cake crack?! :o :shock: :o

i've always heard about it, but never got round to trying it. all these bizarro things mixed with ice cream, uber-rich ice cream.....just didn't sound all that appealing to me. i'm pretty much an ice cream purist. :P

that said, once a month our group celebrates whatever birthdays there are for that time. we usually get gourmet cupcakes, or big sheet cakes, sometimes ice cream cake. this month, with new EAs in our group and in charge or ordering...with their own ideas and resources....we just had cold stone creamery sheet cakes. :o cake...with ice cream...but unbelievable! 8-) one, all chocolate cake, with a thin, crisp actual chocolate crust, with chocolate chip ice cream in it....the other, yellow cake, with cookie dough ice cream, bits of cookie in the whipped frosted cream crust. :shock: these cakes disappeared! i almost died of decadent chocolate shock from my slice. insane! :mrgreen:
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    The "Apple Pie A'la Coldstone" is to die for.
    So is anything involving their cheesecake ice cream.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    good but too rich
  • norm wrote:
    good but too rich

i think that is why i avoided it in the first place. but sweet bejeebus! i would not go out of my way to get it on my own......but next month for our birthday celebration, you know i will indulge again. ;) i think i shall soon crash and burn from the fat and sugar high. :lol: evil, evil stuff! :twisted:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    norm wrote:
    good but too rich
    yeah...rich as in the price. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I went to Cold Stone and tried the cake batter ice cream in a waffle BOWL (brilliant)... So, as I was waiting to pay, I blurt out "Wow, this tastes like cake batter!". After a couple of seconds, I realized what a dumb thing that was to say and ask the guy "that was a dumb thing to say, wasn't it" to which he replied "yeah" (didn't make me feel better).... I think the only thing stupider i could have said would have been "wow! this is cold!! Who knew!! Derp!"... Okay, don't know why i felt the need to share that... they do have great ice cream though
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    tybird wrote:
    norm wrote:
    good but too rich
    yeah...rich as in the price. :)
    I think their cakes are pretty reasonably priced. You can get a big round one for about $22-25 here. MMMMM I wonder if they have a special one for Valentine's Day?
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I live behind a movie theatre and right next to the movie theatre is a Cold Stone Creamery..... Gotta have some ice cream after the movie in the spring and summer time it is tradition.

I love their ice cream, but I got to Whole Foods a lot too and they will mix their Gelato with stuff for you too and that is pretty awesome as well.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I looooove the birthday cake remix! It's ridiculously rich though. I usually get the kids cup and wind up feeling sick every time - but it's so worth it :D :oops: For my birthday this year we got the cake batter confetti cake - red velvet cake with cake batter ice cream - soooo good!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • I went to Cold Stone and tried the cake batter ice cream in a waffle BOWL (brilliant)... So, as I was waiting to pay, I blurt out "Wow, this tastes like cake batter!". After a couple of seconds, I realized what a dumb thing that was to say and ask the guy "that was a dumb thing to say, wasn't it" to which he replied "yeah" (didn't make me feel better).... I think the only thing stupider i could have said would have been "wow! this is cold!! Who knew!! Derp!"... Okay, don't know why i felt the need to share that... they do have great ice cream though

this really made me laugh! :mrgreen:
    so thanks for sharing...

and i've heard so many people rave about it, swear by it....and this was my first experience.
    cbg, i too felt kinda sick later. :oops: definitely a bit too rich/sweet for my tastes....but my gawd, on first taste... :shock:

intodeeep - we have ralph's italian ices walking distance from home...and THAt place is dangerous! all sorts of water and creme ices, soooo many flavors......soooo good!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Pink Berry has taken over Cold-stone in my area. Not a fan of PB
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    ick. The place makes me ill whenever I eat it
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Why? Because when you ask for a small they give you 5 scoops of ice cream?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Why? Because when you ask for a small they give you 5 scoops of ice cream?

:lol: that could be. My body can't handle the ice cream there.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I had to stop eating there years ago because I was almost not making it home in time to go potty. It's the only ice cream that makes me do that. Goes through me quicker than Taco Bell.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The ice cream is way too sweet.

i hate that they guilt you into buying a bigger size..."you sure you only want a 'Like It'? you can get a 'Love It', I know you'll love it!"

the sprinkles they use are lame too...they aren't 'real' sprinkles.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    The ice cream is way too sweet.

i hate that they guilt you into buying a bigger size..."you sure you only want a 'Like It'? you can get a 'Love It', I know you'll love it!"

the sprinkles they use are lame too...they aren't 'real' sprinkles.

What constitutes a real sprinkle? I eat so very little dessert that I honestly don't know
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dairy queen is where it's at
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    they're not sprinkles they're jimmies

that's what we call them here in Philly. Or maybe I got that from my New England roots, I don't know, but they're called jimmies. :lol:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

that's what we call them here in Philly. Or maybe I got that from my New England roots, I don't know, but they're called jimmies. :lol:

But they need to be soft not hard like candy. Jimmies shouldn't crunch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

But they need to be soft not hard like candy. Jimmies shouldn't crunch.

so you're with me on the jimmies thing right? And you're right, they shouldn't crunch.
    Jimmies? :lol:

I need to go east again, it's true :lol:
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I like Cold Stone every now and then. I loved the chocolate malt icecream they had when I went there first. But somehow they don't seem to have it anymore :think: Another fave was frozen yogurt and sweet cream ice with mixed in raspberries and tiny marshmallows :D

No idea what sprinkles or jimmies are and how they are supposed to be :lol: I'm trying to keep it not too overloaded.
    According to Turkey Hill:

So what IS the difference between sprinkles and jimmies? Actually they’re the same thing, it just depends on where you’re from. If you’re a resident of Philadelphia, Boston and many parts of New England, you might ask for jimmies if you want those tiny cylindrical candies on your ice cream. New Yorkers and a majority of other people call them sprinkles

so I probably got it from my NE roots and it just so happens they call them jimmies here in Philly too. :D

YES!

Jimmies:

il_340x270.423032027_p6q6.jpg

Sprinkles:

Colorful-Candy-Sprinkles-443326.jpg

over here, they call both of them 'sprinkles'-last time I went to Cold Stone, Mr. RK said, "they have sprinkles' I said, "no, those are NOT sprinkles! those are jimmies, they just think they are sprinkles" the person behind the counter said, "they are the same thing" so I said, "no, jimmies are soft and kinda mushy, real sprinkles are the hard crunchy little balls" then he looked at me: :roll:

Don't mess with my sprinkles! :nono:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    :lol: :thumbup:
    I think the consensus is.... they are the same fucking thing

I'm gonna be flicking jimmies at Will at the next show...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Don't you dare rustle my jimmies
    RKCNDY wrote:

Don't you dare rustle my jimmies

:twisted:

- Christopher McCandless