Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Blink 182

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,018
edited February 2009 in Other Music
Surprised no ones posted about their reunion and the new album in the summer.

I dont think these guys will go in the history books, and will never be in the rock and roll hall of fame, well, unless the new album is some kind of American Idiot type album, but they write great songs.

They have great melodies. Catchy little numbers.

I am not ashamed to admit I enjoy the band and look forward to hearing the new album
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nycmalenycmale Posts: 119
    i couldnt agree with you more , well said! ill definitly be picking up the new cd when it comes out and will check them out on tour as well!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    +44...Angels & Airwaves...

Wallowing in mediocrity always seems to be the perfect impetus for reunions.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Damnit! I was hoping we were rid of them forever
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 13,886
    Loved them in high school and thought that their last album was way underrated. Their live shows are a ton of fun. I'll def. be checking out the new album and tour this summer.
  • I'm so excited and I'm not ashamed or afraid to say it. I will be checking them out this summer. Their music is very catchy and they remind me of middle school and shit.
  • DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    Blink 182 = NERD ROCK
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    I saw them twice live... once on the GreenDay/Blink/Jimmy Eat World Tour and another at a KROQ Christmas Show... both time... HORRIBLE. They can barely play thier instruments (except for Travis, who was fucking great). Goes to show what proTools in the studio can do for people.
    P.S. I met Tom, who is friends with Chris from the Foo Fighters... and he is a really, really nice guy and does some great work for his local community.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 7,616
    Really bummed about Mark Hoppus.  Stage 4 cancer.  Hope he beats it.  

I’ve loved Blink 182 since 1997.  A little less since Tom left for good but they’re still decent.   Get well soon, Mark!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    That does suck.  I never did get to see them.  I'm going to spin Dude Ranch this weekend now.
    Great choice!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,427
    Saw them at warped tour in 2001. Whole lotta swearing and fart jokes. Not sure what more you could ask for at age 17.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 567

Saw them for the first time at the Warp Tour 96 , they were touring on Cheshire Cat , Then again on Warp 97 touring behind Dude Ranch , Saw them open for Primus later that year on the Snow-Core Tour. 99 Warp Tour , Another 99 Show. The dollar bill tour ( Avalon Boston for just a buck ) and one more show in 2004.

Honestly was such a part of my teenage years and even know songs liken Anthem , Apple Shampoo and even the open track off their newest album nine ( The First Time ) are all great.

I hope so hard that he beats this , meet Mark once at the 96 warp tour and was just a super nice guy , wishing him and his family the best.

Matts3221 said:

Saw them for the first time at the Warp Tour 96 , they were touring on Cheshire Cat , Then again on Warp 97 touring behind Dude Ranch , Saw them open for Primus later that year on the Snow-Core Tour. 99 Warp Tour , Another 99 Show. The dollar bill tour ( Avalon Boston for just a buck ) and one more show in 2004.

Honestly was such a part of my teenage years and even know songs liken Anthem , Apple Shampoo and even the open track off their newest album nine ( The First Time ) are all great.

I hope so hard that he beats this , meet Mark once at the 96 warp tour and was just a super nice guy , wishing him and his family the best.

Mark is originally from Ridgecrest and NOT the valley like in the videos.  He hated the desert so much though and wanted to be a valley kid.  I loved it out there but eh, it's not for everyone I guess.
    He posted today that the chemo appears to be working.  Great news.  
    He posted today that the chemo appears to be working.  Great news.  
    That is good news.  Good for him.  I had read that his mother had beat cancer, twice!