Options

Gimme some sympathy!

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited February 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Ah, the life of a one-man sports department at a weekly newspaper! The postseason is upon us and I have nine teams in action tonight with an early morning deadline looming, so its going to be along night for poor old Yellow Ledbelly because if I don't get those games in for this week's paper they won't mean a damn thing by next Thursday as a loss by any one of them tonight means the end of their season. I hate playoff time!!
Some people always say I have the best job ever, but on days like today it is living hell!! It could be worse and I could not have a job at all, so no offense to anyone in that situation

So, tell me it ain't so bad or, hell, do a little bellyaching yourself!
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    it's not so bad.

i have a 6 pg paper due by midnight, a 4 pg problem set due tomorrow, a computer program to write by tomorrow, and a lab report to do by thursday.

and the topper... i don't get paid for it
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    it's not so bad.

i have a 6 pg paper due by midnight, a 4 pg problem set due tomorrow, a computer program to write by tomorrow, and a lab report to do by thursday.

Now, I can't argue with that....nobody could pay me to go back to school. You are having a rough week indeed. If it helps you feel any better, though, I'm not paid all that well for what I do either :D

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    it's not so bad.

You Sir,

Should NOT be online :lol:

6a00d83453a09469e2010535c3949b970c-800wi
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    Ah, the life of a one-man sports department at a weekly newspaper! The postseason is upon us and I have nine teams in action tonight with an early morning deadline looming, so its going to be along night for poor old Yellow Ledbelly because if I don't get those games in for this week's paper they won't mean a damn thing by next Thursday as a loss by any one of them tonight means the end of their season. I hate playoff time!!
    Some people always say I have the best job ever, but on days like today it is living hell!! It could be worse and I could not have a job at all, so no offense to anyone in that situation

I can feel the pain :)

......what sport is it? :oops:

• Options
    StonEd67 wrote:

You Sir,

hahaha, i'm waiting for a program to install on my computer that will let me write the program i have to write, so i have a few minutes to kill. then i'll be in the library for the foreseeable future
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

hundreds of thousands of layoffs and you've got a job....it ain't so bad ;):D
  • Options
    StonEd67 wrote:

I can feel the pain :)

......what sport is it? :oops:

Basketball. The bad thing is that it will be just as bad next Tuesday. Two teams I cover advanced last night and at least two more will tonight because they are playing against each other. There is no way in hell at least four of the others will get beat tonight too. I hate to wish any them ill will but this job has made dislike basketball a great deal when eight years I lived and breathed it.

Are you in the newspaper business? You too insane?

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    this is why I'm happy to work 9-5.
  • Options
    StonEd67 wrote:

You Sir,

hahaha, i'm waiting for a program to install on my computer that will let me write the program i have to write, so i have a few minutes to kill. then i'll be in the library for the foreseeable future
    I took a photography class with a professor who was quite the drunk so he told us our assignments for the whole semester the first week of class and we rarely met after that. With him having told us to turn the assighnments in whenever we got ready -- all at once or periodicially thoughout the semester -- I figured it was a class I didn't have to worry about for a few months. Long story short, I spent two straight days in the dark room, turned in shitty work just before the deadline and failed. I still don't like photography but at least now I use a digital and I don't have to color no fuckin' flowers or anything

• Options
    StonEd67 wrote:

Basketball. The bad thing is that it will be just as bad next Tuesday. Two teams I cover advanced last night and at least two more will tonight because they are playing against each other. There is no way in hell at least four of the others will get beat tonight too. I hate to wish any them ill will but this job has made dislike basketball a great deal when eight years I lived and breathed it.

Are you in the newspaper business? You too insane?

Newspaper business? no
    Insane?slightly

Still, good luck to you :)

• Options
    StonEd67 wrote:

You Sir,

good luck with your homework.....Kids, stay in school ! bartsimpson.jpg

• Options
    well, the paper's done. on to the problem set
  • Options
    well, the paper's done. on to the problem set
    Good for you....I'm still here waiting on phone calls with scores, some should be coming soon but others are probably more than 3 hours away

Edit: Just got a call and two more teams will now be playing into next week

• Options
    Well, it is now past midnight and I have received the scoring and written up all the games from tonight except for one. It wasn't all that bad, but all the teams I cover advanced except for two that played against other teams I cover, so guess where I will be all night next Tuesday.....I need a drink

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I feel your pain. Rather, I've felt it over the past few years. But I'm coasting like a motherfucker this semester. Tomorrow I have to sleep in, get to class by noon, then I'm going to read The Watchmen. It's a hard day here.

So just think of me as The Dude... takin er easy for the rest of ya ;)