Options

Pearl Jam REALLY Dropped the Ball There

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited February 2009 in The Porch
at Toledo in '04 on the VFC tour... yeah, Neil Young was cool. But Peter Frampton was there onstage... how do you NOT cover 'Do You Feel Like We Do'? Appropriate sentiment, Ed's voice would have sounded fucking great, Frampton could have busted out his talk box, it would have been epic.

This song rocks. Think Mike can play a talk box? Suggestion for next tour maybe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    I was at that show. If I recall correctly, Frampton did come and play with the band at some point, but you’re right, they didn’t do “Do You Feel Like We Do.”

Of course, my memory could be fading and I could be completely wrong about him playing with the band. :D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    that show sounded cool. i saw the St.Louis show at the Fox. tim robbins is like 7 ft. tall. i didn't think it was really him standing next to the merch stand in the lobby that night.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I was at that show. If I recall correctly, Frampton did come and play with the band at some point, but you’re right, they didn’t do “Do You Feel Like We Do.”

Of course, my memory could be fading and I could be completely wrong about him playing with the band. :D

He was just kinda strumming along. I don't think anyone knew he was there until Ed said "we got Peter Frampton over here." Meanwhile, they played about 6 Neil Young songs. I love Neil Young, but poor Peter needed it more... and that song kicks major ass! You could have cut one of Neil's songs... or All Along the Watchtower or something.

I must disclaim that all this memory is based on reviews... I was so wasted I can't remember anything of the show myself!
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    at Toledo in '04 on the VFC tour... yeah, Neil Young was cool. But Peter Frampton was there onstage... how do you NOT cover 'Do You Feel Like We Do'? Appropriate sentiment, Ed's voice would have sounded fucking great, Frampton could have busted out his talk box, it would have been epic.

This song rocks. Think Mike can play a talk box? Suggestion for next tour maybe?

This was still, hands down, the best PJ show I've ever seen.
    I do feel like Frampton was kind of underused. They were like, "oh, Peter Frampton's here. alright, we'll find a place for him..."
    Neil, Peggy and Ed doing an acoustic Harvest Moon was one of my favorite parts of this show. Amazing.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    Was there and had amazing seats. We were chilling on Stones side of the stage, front rown and saw Neil hanging out just before taking the stage. Twas bad ass. I know Frampton played on evenflow but I can't remember what else.
    Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, VIC 07, Philly night 4 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Pitt 13, Charlottesville 13, Cincinnati 14, St. Louis 14
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    milarso wrote:

This was still, hands down, the best PJ show I've ever seen.
    I do feel like Frampton was kind of underused. They were like, "oh, Peter Frampton's here. alright, we'll find a place for him..."
    Neil, Peggy and Ed doing an acoustic Harvest Moon was one of my favorite parts of this show. Amazing.

I totally agree this show was SWEET!!! It was odd tho when Ed was like Oh yeah and here is Peter Frampton. Regardless of what he played the whole show was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"