If you had 15 minutes...

mnicole22mnicole22 Posts: 417
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
...to evacuate your home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 5 things would you grab? (not including people or pets)

1. The acoustic from my pa
2. my laptop (all my digital pics + music)
3. box o' photo albums (all my paper pics)
4. My camera
5. My sons teddy

I'm bored tonight.
AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
08-05-07
06-14-08
08-12-08 (EV)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    hmmm interesting

1. my cat
    2. my other cat
    3. my ipod
    4. my laptop
    5. my xbox
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • I actually think about this sometimes lol

1. My Laptop
    2. My Tarantula (I've had him for 15 years!) (did not see the no pets stipulation :p) But I'm gonna leave this anyway :p
    3.My telecaster
    4. My notebook
    5. Is kinda a toss up theres a bunch of things I'd consider but the top 4 are definite
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    1. my laptop
    2. my external drive
    3. car keys.... ;)
    4. jewelry (gottta have something to sell to buy new furniture)
    5. cameras and memory cards

*i don't have much.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • 1. cell phone
    2. laptop
    3. songwriting/drawing notebook (all 4 of them :P)
    4. 90 condoms
    5. a 1987 edition of penthouse forum ;)

:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • i would grab my girlfriend....i would grab my cat....and my wallet....

and then i wouldnt give a rats ass about anything else...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    1. Laptop
    2. Photo albums
    3. Art - paintings
    4. Titanic memorabilia (don't ask)
    5. Recipes collected over the years
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    I was thinking about this over the weekend when my space heater fell over and nearly busted itself.
    my Grandfather's ring
    iPod
    wallet
    laptop
    my Keith Primeau stick

When it comes down to it, most everything I have is replacable, even the iPod, laptop and wallet - but that would be a huge pain in the ass. plus, if i'm outside in the cold during the fire, i'm gonna want some music.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    1. My passport
    2. My laptop
    3. My purse (which contains my cell, sunglasses, wallet, keys, chapstick)
    4. A book I haven't yet read (in case I have down-time during the natural disaster)
    5. A bottle of wine/opener (because I'm sure I'd be needing a glass)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    1. my collection box (i've been saving stuff since my wife & i started dating)
    2. old family pictures
    3. my lyricbooks
    4. my acoustic geee-tar
    5. my laptop (pics, music, etc)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    My dog, Zuma....

She's pretty much all that's worth the time.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    (outside the people and pets - which with my 5 pets and 1 kid would pretty much eliminate time for anything else...)

1. My cell phone
    2. My bag (wallet, ID, keys, etc.)
    3. My daughter's blankie/bunny
    4. My hard drive
    5. A toss up.... so many other things I'd want to take. :|
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    My External hard drives
    My bag with keys/money/passport in it
    My meow hat!

... thats pretty much it!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    15 minutes I'd be throwing posters out the upstairs window to the ground and praying for minimal damage as they hit the ground. I'd have so much to lose in here, I'd probably just chain myself to something crying and go down with the ship. It'd be a nightmare. This thread makes me rethink the way things are stored in my home - valuables, that is.. hmmmm

peace
    Just me
  • Zanne wrote:
    15 minutes I'd be throwing posters out the upstairs window to the ground and praying for minimal damage as they hit the ground. I'd have so much to lose in here, I'd probably just chain myself to something crying and go down with the ship. It'd be a nightmare. This thread makes me rethink the way things are stored in my home - valuables, that is.. hmmmm

peace

Don't hurt my Gorge poster! ;):lol:
    NERDS!
  • 15 minutes would give me time to clear the house... furniture and all :oops:

I do tend to keep important things in the one spot, should this happen and should I only have time to grab a few things.

I'd take my bag (so that accounts for phone, cigarettes cos i'd NEED them, money, cards, etc.)
    PASSPORT
    An envelope I have with all kindsa documentation... birth cert, bills, bank statements, proofs of address and all kindsa crap.
    My tambourine :D
    My laptop.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    LOL Ricky. It's safe in mylar, I promise. Shit, I am the worlds worst for shipping anything. PM me your address again and I SWEAR that thing will get sent this week. ;)
    Just me
    15 minutes would give me time to clear the house... furniture and all :oops:

I do tend to keep important things in the one spot, should this happen and should I only have time to grab a few things.

I'd take my bag (so that accounts for phone, cigarettes cos i'd NEED them, money, cards, etc.)
    PASSPORT
    An envelope I have with all kindsa documentation... birth cert, bills, bank statements, proofs of address and all kindsa crap.
    My laptop.

Helen.. I keep my cigs in the trunk of my car because I freak out when I get a few blocks from the house and reach in my pocket and find on one smoke in my pack. So always there is a carton in the trunk. No matter where I am, my car is with me. =) It's THAT bad. So, if the house was falling down, burning down, washing away, whatever, I could smoke while it happened, YAY!! =)

hehe
    Just me
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    lralle wrote:
    I was thinking about this over the weekend when my space heater fell over and nearly busted itself.
    my Grandfather's ring
    iPod
    wallet
    laptop
    my Keith Primeau stick

When it comes down to it, most everything I have is replacable, even the iPod, laptop and wallet - but that would be a huge pain in the ass. plus, if i'm outside in the cold during the fire, i'm gonna want some music.
    epic primeau blast..

for me id grab..
    idiot roommate. he wouldnt know what to do
    cat..but he'd resist. lil bastard
    external drive
    pics
    guitar n notes
  • Zanne wrote:
    15 minutes would give me time to clear the house... furniture and all :oops:

PASSPORT
    My laptop.

Helen.. I keep my cigs in the trunk of my car because I freak out when I get a few blocks from the house and reach in my pocket and find on one smoke in my pack. So always there is a carton in the trunk. No matter where I am, my car is with me. =) It's THAT bad. So, if the house was falling down, burning down, washing away, whatever, I could smoke while it happened, YAY!! =)

hehe
    :mrgreen: I always have an extra pack too. Tis a sad state of affairs really :oops: but can you imagine if something like that DID happen and you'd no cigarettes :shock:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Probably just my dog
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    My box of important documents, box of family pics, computer, purse, some clothes, cats and their things, meds, and thats all I can think of. Everything else I can replace and/or don't need right away.
    Save room for dessert!
  • famly
    dog
    laptop
    ipod
    bank info
  • i'm going down with the house.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Helen.. I keep my cigs in the trunk of my car because I freak out when I get a few blocks from the house and reach in my pocket and find on one smoke in my pack. So always there is a carton in the trunk. No matter where I am, my car is with me. =) It's THAT bad. So, if the house was falling down, burning down, washing away, whatever, I could smoke while it happened, YAY!! =)

hehe[/quote]
    :mrgreen: I always have an extra pack too. Tis a sad state of affairs really :oops: but can you imagine if something like that DID happen and you'd no cigarettes :shock:[/quote]

So glad I quit. I used to keep a tin of Bugler tobacco and rolling papers in my basement in case of emergency.
    Hold On
  • 1. Inga (my telecaster)
    2. My pedal board
    3. Laptop
    4. Keys
    5. my lucky hat (we've been through far too much together)
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • CB206820CB206820 Posts: 105
    1) My Strat
    2) My Great Grandpa's Gibson
    3) My memory box (letters, pictures, etc..)

That about covers it. Probably my camera or something after!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,803
    1. the wife
    2. the kids
    3. laptop
    4. vinyl
    5. ticket stubs dating back to 1981

might have to swap the wife for my poster portfolio
    :lol:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    1. my kitties
    2. my purse (has my wallet, keys, phone, etc)
    3. my box of important papers (passport, etc)
    4. jewelry box with my grandmother's jewelry
    5. my grandmother's chandelier (assuming I would have time to take down from the ceiling first) :p
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    smithnic wrote:
    hmmm interesting

1. my cat
    2. my other cat

not a fan of following rules are ya, kornheiser? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    assuming the wife and three kids don't have to be 1-4, like I expect them to sort themselves out.
    I'd grab my PJ CD collection, and my 4 bestest pairs of grundies. I need nothing else :|
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....