The Office

Comments

• FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    milarso wrote:
    Stupid reruns....
    But everyone remember- Hour long Office right after the Superbowl on Sunday!

oh snap, thanks for the heads up!!! Since it was a rerun, TiVo didn't tape it and I didn't know that!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,513
    milarso wrote:
    Stupid reruns....

yea but it was a funny one last night. i really wish they would bring holly back in some capacity. she and michael are hillarious together.

looking forward to the hour long ep....however, it is the jeagler's contention that the show works best in the framework of a 30 minute episode. they had a bunch of hour long one's last year and they kind of fell flat after 35 minutes or so.....this one looks good though!
    www.myspace.com
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    milarso wrote:
    Stupid reruns....

yea but it was a funny one last night. i really wish they would bring holly back in some capacity. she and michael are hillarious together.

looking forward to the hour long ep....however, it is the jeagler's contention that the show works best in the framework of a 30 minute episode. they had a bunch of hour long one's last year and they kind of fell flat after 35 minutes or so.....this one looks good though!

The commercial for it looks funny!
    "Stanley! Wake up! Obama won. You're black!!!"
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    milarso wrote:
    Stupid reruns....

nice! i did not know that! thanks for the heads up. now if i can only remember how to set my dvr.... :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I LOVE this show! I am totally looking forward to the one hour tonight. I've only gotten into it recently (and consequently bought all the seasons on DVD to watch) but I definitely think its one of the best shows on TV.

However, I don't think the past few episodes have been all that funny- I was kinda disappointed in last weeks episode- the one with the big debate over Hilary Swank.
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    I LOVE this show! I am totally looking forward to the one hour tonight. I've only gotten into it recently (and consequently bought all the seasons on DVD to watch) but I definitely think its one of the best shows on TV.

However, I don't think the past few episodes have been all that funny- I was kinda disappointed in last weeks episode- the one with the big debate over Hilary Swank.

they need to bring holly back.....i am more looking forward to this than the game tonight!
    www.myspace.com
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    I LOVE this show! I am totally looking forward to the one hour tonight. I've only gotten into it recently (and consequently bought all the seasons on DVD to watch) but I definitely think its one of the best shows on TV.

they need to bring holly back.....i am more looking forward to this than the game tonight!

+1 yup, they should bring her back
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    last night was AWESOME!!

The opening sequence was the best!! With Kevin breaking open the vending machine, Oscar going up into the ceiling, Angela a) having her cat in her drawer, b)tossing it into the ceiling and c) it falling back out again, and Stan having his heart attack... and that's just the 5 minutes!!

I want someone to translate what Oscar said at the roast!
    "I consider myself a nice person, but I am going to try to make him cry"

:lol:
    Pam Beesly: Well I just wanna take a minute to talk to you all about something very serious. Once every hour, someone is involved in an internet scam. That man is Michael Scott. He's supporting about twenty Nigerian princesses.

Michael Scott: Hey, you know what? Forgive me for caring.

Pam Beesly: Michael is a great delegater. He never does any work himself, ever. [Dwight claps loudly] And one time I walked in on him naked. And his thing is so small. [goes to sit down]

Kevin: How small is it?

Pam Beesly: If it were an iPod it would be a shuffle!
    FoxyMop wrote:
    Pam Beesly: Well I just wanna take a minute to talk to you all about something very serious. Once every hour, someone is involved in an internet scam. That man is Michael Scott. He's supporting about twenty Nigerian princesses.

Michael Scott: Hey, you know what? Forgive me for caring.

Pam Beesly: Michael is a great delegater. He never does any work himself, ever. [Dwight claps loudly] And one time I walked in on him naked. And his thing is so small. [goes to sit down]

Kevin: How small is it?

Pam Beesly: If it were an iPod it would be a shuffle!

haha---great sequence!! last night was great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i was laughing so hard last night....which was nice, since the superbowl commercials were a bust. :)

awesome episode, the opening sequence lived up to the hype!
  • Kevin breaking the vending machine was best... well, there was also Michael "feeding" the birds. lol
    What is this with Karen back and PREGNANT? Whoa!!!
    Also, totally thought there would be a wrench thrown in with Pam and Jim's relationship... but, it all worked out like a fairytale, once again!
    9/1/2005, 7/3/2006, 7/6/2006, 7/22/2006, 7/23/2006, 9/21/2009, 9/22/2009
    Kevin breaking the vending machine was best... well, there was also Michael "feeding" the birds. lol
    What is this with Karen back and PREGNANT? Whoa!!!
    Also, totally thought there would be a wrench thrown in with Pam and Jim's relationship... but, it all worked out like a fairytale, once again!

whats this with karen being pregnant? i must have missed that. or was it in the preview for next week? i just saw it on demand and they didnt have a preview.

solid episode. kinda disappointed in that they hyped up the jessica alba and jack black appearances though. alba was on for maybe a minute or two?!
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Michael's neumonic device had me rollin' ....

"Shirty, Mole, Lazy eye, Mexico, Baldy, Sugarboobs, Black woman .... "

sugarboobs .... :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

My favorite quote, other than Dwight asking Jim if he was trying to hurt his feelings, to which he said something like his feelings regenerate faster than the average male or something like that :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    jimed14 wrote:

Hahahahahaha!

Yeah, I thought last nite's ep. was pretty good. I do think it was better than last week's.
  • CB206820CB206820 Posts: 105
    The intro was pure gold!!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I was cracking up at Dwight's balloons!!!! :lol::lol: And that Birthday sign "It Is Your Birthday." :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    I was cracking up at Dwight's balloons!!!! :lol::lol: And that Birthday sign "It Is Your Birthday." :D

Those ballons looked like... crap! haha
    Does anyone else love Toby? I love him, because Michael hates him and it is halarious!

Oh, don't foreget Holly. But how could you? Perfect boobs!
    yeah that was the best episode in weeks. i liked the dynamic of jim and dwight both working together. that was pretty funny.....just tell us what kind of cake you want, imbecile! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Lizard wrote:

Those ballons looked like... crap! haha
    Does anyone else love Toby? I love him, because Michael hates him and it is halarious!

Oh, don't foreget Holly. But how could you? Perfect boobs!

Toby is my definite favorite. Just looking at his facial expressions (or lack thereof) makes me laugh my ass off!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Not so funny last night....huh?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:

Eh, I thought it was pretty funny... I like the action AT the office. I thought Dwight and Kevin had some good lines... Thought the idea of choosing a nap or TV was funny. But yeah, Kelly is kind of off this season...
    Is there just too much "real" drama this season, or what?
  • good show. I like the fire scene in an earlier episode
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Lizard wrote:
    Yea, its definitely lost some its luster this season. There have been a couple of funny episodes (the chair vs copier thing was great) but as a whole I've been disappointed. Maybe it's cause the Jim/Pan sexual tension thing isn't there anymore and that was a big part of past story lines. I hate to think they jumped the shark but...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Yea, its definitely lost some its luster this season. There have been a couple of funny episodes (the chair vs copier thing was great) but as a whole I've been disappointed. Maybe it's cause the Jim/Pan sexual tension thing isn't there anymore and that was a big part of past story lines. I hate to think they jumped the shark but...

i disagree. i was thinking it might have jumped the shark last year but has made a nice rebound this year. and i like the fact that they seem to be trying not to make the jim/pam thing into some stupid ross/rachel thing. thats not what the office should be about. so i like that. this week's episode was a bit off primarily because it was more awkward than funny with michael. the office tends to have this problem from time to time. usually its the awkward moments in the office that people find so hillarious. but often times, they tend to expose michael as too much of a real character who the audience kind of feels sorry for, rather than just a cartoonish imbecile boss. its a fine line they walk week in, week out.

i just hope they bring holly back. she was hillarious. however, i think she will come back only to find out what michael did, and then---poof, she's gone, which will suck.
    www.myspace.com
  • i just watched the fire episode.... is it wrong the jim and pam part almost made me cry?! :|
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i just watched the fire episode.... is it wrong the jim and pam part almost made me cry?! :|
    I haven't watched this show in awhile but have these two hooked up yet?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • LongRd. wrote:
    i just watched the fire episode.... is it wrong the jim and pam part almost made me cry?! :|
    they're engaged.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    LongRd. wrote:
    they're engaged.
    Hooray for Jim!!! :D He was chasing that tail for years!

The last episode I watch was the boat trip one where Pam was getting engaged to some guy. She said yes right in front of Jim. :( That broke my heart, I stopped watching it.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009