Options

The new Board

SB316SB316 Posts: 6
edited January 2009 in The Porch
I just wanted to add my thanks for PJ's organization for this new board :D I hope I can get a fresh new posting start and reconnect with alot of members I miss :D:D:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Agreed.
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    you know... as much as i miss there being a lot more activity and more people (i still can't get over this being 10c-only), i really have taken a liking to this board. i think i've posted more here since it's been open than i did in like 3 months at the old board.

that's not to say i prefer this design to the old one. because nothing will ever beat the "riot act" theme. maybe it's just because the change reinvigorated my love for this message board or something. i don't know. but i am enjoying it.
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Love it!
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    I am growing to like it here. for all the bitching that gets done about the board/tenclub, having just come over from The Who message board (where it used to be pay-only, and now they let in everyone), we have it made. the diehards over there are now at the "bitching about the riff-raff, not real fan posters (as in people, not actual POSTERS)" phase...plus a membership over there gets you the equivalent of NOTHING (hence i will not be re-upping over there).

not that i care enough about many bands to actually join a fanclub or post on one's message board, from everything i can tell, we are the luckiest bunch in the world. so its good to be here with like-minded freaks! and lets enjoy the ride this year, as i expect it to be a good one...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    Every time they switch to a new board, I always find myself missing the old board. We'll see if I become fond of this one some day...though I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I am liking the new board more & more.....
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    I am growing to like it here. for all the bitching that gets done about the board/tenclub, having just come over from The Who message board (where it used to be pay-only, and now they let in everyone), we have it made. the diehards over there are now at the "bitching about the riff-raff, not real fan posters (as in people, not actual POSTERS)" phase...plus a membership over there gets you the equivalent of NOTHING (hence i will not be re-upping over there).
    Isn't that crazy? I watched all the debates here and was very surprised for one thing about how many people were not 10C members but mainly about the people who were members and said they wouldn't participate in the new board on principle. People complained about the $20 cost to be in 10C and I kept thinking about how it cost $50 to join The Who fan club. You got a great double CD of live music but the message board never compared to PJ's.

Now The Who's web site will be free and people are complaining about that! First they gripe that they have to pay to post on a message board and now they gripe that it will be open to anybody. Go figure.

If The Who tour I might re-up to buy tickets but I spend more time here anyway. This message board offers more variety. The changeover has been good. It just takes getting used to.

Now if I can just get my accounts merged and my name stops looking like a driver's license. . . . :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    this is kinda off topic but i just wanta say i hope folks are going to be more descriptive with Subject line because there’s no hover preview anymore. That’s what I miss the most I think. So I hope people get it to put more than three or four words in a new post subject line.

And you know if more people want to use this member only board and therefore contribute $20 I’m all for it because it’ll mean 20 more bucks in pj’s gas tank so they can make it over to my little part of the world. 8-)

Yeah…yeah… I know they’re rich enough to do that already, but that’s how I want to think of it.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    this is kinda off topic but i just wanta say i hope folks are going to be more descriptive with Subject line because there’s no hover preview anymore. That’s what I miss the most I think.

Yes, please bring back the hover!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509

Yes, please bring back the hover!

Sart a petition thread for it!!

that was a joke but i won't be surprised if someone does that.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*