Options

signed deluxe edition chances

InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
edited January 2009 in The Porch
so what are your thoughts of the chances of getting a signed deluxe version if i bought it today. Do you think the chances are any different than if i bought it right when it went on sale?
PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    i dont think there is a difference. buy it and think good thoughts until march.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    Since they say it's random, you should have just as good a chance as those who bought it on the 1st day. Thought the odds are probably pretty slim. But good luck!
  • Options
    why do we talk about chances???

let's make it so all 10C members who "pre-order" get a signed copy ... no one complains, everyone happy :D
    This land is mine, this land is free, I'll do what I want but irresponsibly

#192XXX
  • Options

let's make it so all 10C members who "pre-order" get a signed copy ... no one complains, everyone happy :D
    I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Think about it. Ten Club never said that the signed copies were going to be signed by all members of the band. So if you have Eddie, Stone, Jeff, and Mike (Matt's excluded since he wasn't a member of the band during "Ten") sign an equal number of super deluxe editions, I don't think it would be far fetched.

You heard it here first. :)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    They can't have THAT many people willing to shell out over 100 bucks for this... I say make 'em all sign each one!
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
  • Options
    They can't have THAT many people willing to shell out over 100 bucks for this... I say make 'em all sign each one!

I agree! Everyone who pre-ordered should get a signed copy...we deserve it!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    I really wish I knew the % of getting a signed one...that would help determine if I should buy through the TC or not.
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    I really wish I knew the % of getting a signed one...that would help determine if I should buy through the TC or not.

i think it's safe to say your chances of getting a signed copy are zero if you buy anywhere besides 10c.
  • Options
    you greatly underestimate the depths of 10clubbers wallets... id be willing to bet they've sold several 1,000 copies of the super deluxe... probably still a small enough amount to realistically sign in the time frame provided, but wouldnt we rather they spend that time making music? :ugeek:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

i think it's safe to say your chances of getting a signed copy are zero if you buy anywhere besides 10c.

Ya i know..that's not what I meant. I mean if I knew my shot of getting a signed copy through the TC was 10% I'd order for sure. But if it's much less I may opt to buy at a local retailer, as the price should be much less when you factor in exchange and shipping.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Ya i know..that's not what I meant. I mean if I knew my shot of getting a signed copy through the TC was 10% I'd order for sure. But if it's much less I may opt to buy at a local retailer, as the price should be much less when you factor in exchange and shipping.
    A lot of the retailers are selling for $190 plus.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

that WOULD be awesome!
    however, from what was stated, seems like a random - and unannounced, # will be signed. perhaps it would be all, which i think would be sweet, but i am certainly not planning on it being the case. but sure...one can dream. ;)

as to *chances*...all are equal, no matter if ordered on day one or now.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    as to *chances*...all are equal, no matter if ordered on day one or now.
    exactly... since these arent shipping out til march, even if the band did already sign the entire "random" selection back in december, they will all be mixed together and whoevers lucky enough to have their address added to a signed copy as theyre packaging for shipping will get it... nothing more to it

• Options
    If anyone is debating whether or not to buy one, PLEASE DO NOT. This should increase my chances on getting a signed one. I pre ordered mine a while back so, everyone Don't Buy the Deluxe Edition until after I get mine. Thanks.. :lol:
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    i just want to play the god damn thing already!!!! :roll:
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

What a strange thing to say??? Why would a signature make it any better? The songs are still gonna sound the same on each copy. I purchased the deluxe, but not for the faint hope of getting a signature. If I were to have anything signed, I would rather it be after meeting the band personally and actually having a cool story to tell.
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    for me, slim to none... :(
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Quick question

What is going to be signed? An item inside such as the LP cover or the cover on the outside? If they sign the cover of the set I'm wondering if it will still be shrinkwrapped. I'm sure there's a few members who will buy this set and will want to keep it sealed. In my opinion, I think if the members sign anything, it should be inside the set encouraging people to open it ala Jeff Ament's tone and the pick inside.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Quick question

What is going to be signed? An item inside such as the LP cover or the cover on the outside? If they sign the cover of the set I'm wondering if it will still be shrinkwrapped. I'm sure there's a few members who will buy this set and will want to keep it sealed. In my opinion, I think if the members sign anything, it should be inside the set encouraging people to open it ala Jeff Ament's tone and the pick inside.
    i would like if they signed the poster... ya know? something you could frame without making part of the set unusable... if they sign the vinyl sleeve i will either not be able to play the vinyl or not have a sleeve to store it in... or the outer box would be cool too... i can put it on a book case or something since this set is obviously too nice to just throw into a crate with the rest of my vinyl

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    how far away is march?

good thing february is a short month!
  • Options
    Quick question

I agree...they should sign an item in the box so everyone has to open the box to see if they were lucky enough to get something signed. Why buy it if you plan on keeping it sealed in plastic? I can't wait to open mine...so much cool stuff in there... :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,299

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Think about it. Ten Club never said that the signed copies were going to be signed by all members of the band. So if you have Eddie, Stone, Jeff, and Mike (Matt's excluded since he wasn't a member of the band during "Ten") sign an equal number of super deluxe editions, I don't think it would be far fetched.

You heard it here first. :)

I suppose Matt could sign it. Didn't he do the drumming on the Momma-Son Demo? Which is being included on tape in the set?
  • Options
    ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    Please lord deliver me a signed copy with a doddle and with a back stage pass for the next tour. Oh yea and front row seats also. Thank You
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA