Options

PEARL JAM 2005 SOUTH AMERICA TOUR POSTER sale TUES 01/27/09!

13»

Comments

• Options
    very cool, got mine .....I now have a plethera of pj posters....

" el guepo, would you say we have a plethera of pinatas"
    - Given to fly
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    Got mine, too! I guess this one has to sell out before another goes up, so everyone out there, BUY BUY BUY!
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    DC162490 wrote:
    Great! I got it! IMO one of the best poster ever....
    best ever?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    best ever...not really.

its still up and i really am trying hard to hold back on this one....really the best thing going for it is that its a KLAUSEN....his work usually kicks ass but this one just doesnt do it for me....

im going to try to hold off with the hope that some more nice ones may pop up in the near future....if they can drop a 2005 poster in 2009 then they can go older...obviously this one is probably laying around the wareehous by the hundreds....but i can at least hope for some other gems!
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Wow I am shocked it is still available at 2pm PST...very easy purchase! Glad to see the new site working flawless in the goods!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    I think that the only reason that this one was still in the vault is as Santos mentioned that these were never sold at the show in the first place.
    That being said, I think it speaks volumes for the history of this particular print being possibly one of only a few, if not the only, poster that the band deemed unworthy to sell at a venue, but ok to pawn 4 years later on their new site. I bought one, cant wait to get it.
    best ever...not really.

its still up and i really am trying hard to hold back on this one....really the best thing going for it is that its a KLAUSEN....his work usually kicks ass but this one just doesnt do it for me....

im going to try to hold off with the hope that some more nice ones may pop up in the near future....if they can drop a 2005 poster in 2009 then they can go older...obviously this one is probably laying around the wareehous by the hundreds....but i can at least hope for some other gems!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    cendhcendh Posts: 214
    Yeah. I was on the Argentina's venue both nights...

I live in Buenos Aires, and the second thing I've always dreamed related to the PJ, apart for seeinf the band on stage, was to get an original PJ AMES poster with the name of my city printed on it.

I was very dissapointed (might I say "sad"?) when entering the stadium (both night) and making sure there wasn't any poster.

Now more than three years ago I GOT MINE. And I don't care much (now) of what was the problem with this particular print or whatever.

I really like the poster and what Klausen did with it (as said in the Ames vs. PJ book; the design was inspired by the book OPEN VEIGNS OF LATIN-AMERICA, by Eduardo Galeano). I'm glad I got to purchase mine.
    Diego
  • Options
    DiniazDiniaz Posts: 5
    LukinFan wrote:
    DC162490 wrote:
    Great! I got it! IMO one of the best poster ever....
    best ever?
    not the best ever...one of the best in my opinion...just for what it represents...
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,187
    Santos, can you confirm if any other poster sales will occur in the next month or so?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,663
    maverick wrote:
    Santos, can you confirm if any other poster sales will occur in the next month or so?

doesn't work that way around these here parts,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    I think that the only reason that this one was still in the vault is as Santos mentioned that these were never sold at the show in the first place.
    That being said, I think it speaks volumes for the history of this particular print being possibly one of only a few, if not the only, poster that the band deemed unworthy to sell at a venue, but ok to pawn 4 years later on their new site. I bought one, cant wait to get it.
    best ever...not really.

Apparently Stone didn't like something about the knife on the poster, thats why they didnt sell it. I heard it on the brazilian MTV back on the date. They were being sold on Ebay for 600 bucks!! I bouth one a couple of years ago for only 100 and thought it was a bargain.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    It's still up! :shock:
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    demetrios wrote:
    It's still up! :shock:

Quite amazing. They must have a large stock or there really is no interest in this.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I do have to say that as far as I know the sale of a three + year old poster is "unprecidented" by 10C (correct me if someone knows better). certainly makes you think about dropping serious coin on a "holy grail" poster on the Bay if they may end up being sold through the club (not withstanding the comments re this being unique b/c it wasn't sold at the venues)...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,663
    (Ok) wrote:
    I do have to say that as far as I know the sale of a three + year old poster is "unprecidented" by 10C (correct me if someone knows better). certainly makes you think about dropping serious coin on a "holy grail" poster on the Bay if they may end up being sold through the club (not withstanding the comments re this being unique b/c it wasn't sold at the venues)...

i can't imagine 10C has many Easy Street posters left after the mystery sales, but if they had any left i highly doubt they'd release them for a general sale. as for the U2/PJ Klausen Hawaii, 10C was asked not to sell those :(
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    100 Pacer wrote:
    as for the U2/PJ Klausen Hawaii, 10C was asked not to sell those :(
    any idea why?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    LukinFan wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    any idea why?
    Bono had a new master bathroom built and wanted the 200 that 10club was gonna sell to wallpaper the room with.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    LukinFan wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    any idea why?

They were printed in very limited quantities. Much smaller run compared to the normal pj show. Reason for this was the size and amount of colours and work that went into it. In other words, the printing job was too big. I read this on EB.

Considering this, I take it all copies were sold at the show.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    This is not exatly a pretty one but I am surprise that is still available the day after...awesome

For the collection I got one.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    I have one of these already but after seeing them STILL available this morning. I gave in and bought one. lol
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    I have one of these already but after seeing them STILL available this morning. I gave in and bought one. lol

Money bags!!! 8-):D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

Money bags!!! 8-):D

Sure as heck not me. lol
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I remember when they did that one poster sale where they sold like 4 in one shot (including the DC reaper), Santos came flat out and said they did not have any U2/PJ Honolulu posters at all and they would never be sold through the 10C. Or something to that effect.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    Got mine on today...even better in person...

DSCN0516-1.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    I remember when they did that one poster sale where they sold like 4 in one shot (including the DC reaper), Santos came flat out and said they did not have any U2/PJ Honolulu posters at all and they would never be sold through the 10C. Or something to that effect.

I missed that day! D'oh! :(
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182
    anyone in NY get theirs yet?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I missed that day! D'oh! :(

me too....i cried like a little girl when i found out! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    branscop wrote:
    anyone in NY get theirs yet?

Yeah...about 3 1/2 years ago after spending $300 on it :evil:
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV