Options

2 children stabbed to death at daycare

flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
edited January 2009 in A Moving Train
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_ ... _stabbings

A man went on a rampage at a Belgian day care center Friday, stabbing two young children and a female worker to death and slashing 12 others all over their bodies, officials said.

Sobbing parents rushed to the scene and to hospitals, and medical workers sprung into action, performing emergency operations to save the 10 children and two adults who were badly wounded.

The attack caused widespread panic in the town 20 miles (30 kilometers) northwest of Brussels. The day care center serves up to 30 children on a residential street.

"An act of great brutality has happened here against our weakest citizens," said mayor Buyse Piet. "The whole city is united in support for the parents who are in deep grief."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    Awful, just awful.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    utterly tragic. :(
    my heart goes out to all involved. those poor families.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    *Sigh*

I just dont get it.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    just watched it on the news...

absolutely tragic.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    It's just a couple of toddlers though. It's not like they were productive members of society. What about the guy with the knife's right to choose?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul