Options

What MADE your day (part deux)?????

Comments

• Options
    spit take two...happy to recieve yield on vinyl today after 17 years of thinking i could just fix the busted tape...one of a kind torture to self...long wait worth every second spin round the black circle
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    package is in town
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vaca
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Got a new bed with droors at the sides and I became an uncle for the 2nd time. I now have a nephew named River. I already have a niece who turns 4 in March.

My nephews birthday is two days after mine. He was born around 4 AM in the mountain time zone in Utah.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    having such a big loving family..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    Booking my tickets for my trip in January.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited October 2016
    I do hot yoga 3 days per week. It's intense. Sweaty. Tough but so healing. A few weeks ago I mentioned the Into the Wild movie/soundtrack to my teacher. I've gotten to know her and she's a beautiful, free spirit. She was familiar with the movie and asked about the soundtrack. I told her of course and also mentioned ukulele songs. Today coming out of a very intense flow, completely exhausted, dripping in sweat and melting into child's pose she plays Longing to Belong. So perfect. That'll carry me through at least to Wednesday.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

I do hot yoga 3 days per week. It's intense. Sweaty. Tough but so healing. A few weeks ago I mentioned the Into the Wild movie/soundtrack to my teacher. I've gotten to know her and she's a beautiful, free spirit. She was familiar with the movie and asked about the soundtrack. I told her of course and also mentioned ukulele songs. Today coming out of a very intense flow, completely exhausted, dripping in sweat and melting into child's pose she plays Longing to Belong. So perfect. That'll carry me through at least to Wednesday.

I love this!!! I will have to inform my yoga instructor. Not sure if he'll go for it though. It's more meditative, with soft tranquil music.. no vocals....ever.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    One of my 8th grade students (who mostly acts like a 2nd grader) pulls something out of his pencil pouch today that looks like a cheap plastic dildo and starts building a little fort with it and all his other markers on his desk. I'm at the board yammering away about whatever and he's fiddling around with something -- as usual -- so I look, and there it is, a mini-penis on his desk holding up his fort, and he appears to be completely oblivious to what he's playing with. I didn't want to draw attention to it, so I just stared him down while continuing to teach, giving him the "put that shit away" look, and he just puts it all back in his pencil pouch like it's any old toy he found and wants to keep. I made a mental note to address it privately at the end of class, but then I got caught up answering questions, and I totally forgot until just now. Oh my god, I can't stop laughing!!!!!!
  • Options
    ^ :lol: Kids gonna be kids.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

One of my 8th grade students (who mostly acts like a 2nd grader) pulls something out of his pencil pouch today that looks like a cheap plastic dildo and starts building a little fort with it and all his other markers on his desk. I'm at the board yammering away about whatever and he's fiddling around with something -- as usual -- so I look, and there it is, a mini-penis on his desk holding up his fort, and he appears to be completely oblivious to what he's playing with. I didn't want to draw attention to it, so I just stared him down while continuing to teach, giving him the "put that shit away" look, and he just puts it all back in his pencil pouch like it's any old toy he found and wants to keep. I made a mental note to address it privately at the end of class, but then I got caught up answering questions, and I totally forgot until just now. Oh my god, I can't stop laughing!!!!!!

Hahahaha!! Oh that is funny! Reminds me of when all of us kids went to school through our church.. and one of the teachers is teaching, then faints mid sentence.. turned out my brother had found maxi pads in the girls' bathroom and was plastering them
    On his forehead, and his wrists.... he was 6.. the teacher was so mortified she fainted!

( ps.. even funnier, he thought they were sweat bands.. ah the 80's!!)
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

:rofl:
    Similar thing once happened to me...I had just switched out my bedroom furniture and put the old dressers/nightstands in an empty bedroom we weren't using at the time. I hadn't emptied all the drawers yet. The next day I have a house full of kids and my then 4 yo comes down holding a very realistic looking dildo and asks "mommy, what's this?" in front of all the kids. I snatched that thing so quick and stuffed it under my shirt as I tried not to die of horror! Luckily the other kids were doing crafts so I doubt they saw it but still...imagine having to explain that to their parents. :fearful::blush:
  • Options
    a video clip
  • Options
    I got the 3LP Europe pressing of MCIS by Smashing Pumpkins for around $40 on discogs.com
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    The Tide beat TA&M and my Habs just beat the Bruins!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Cranking up some pretty fucking great music.

Now? PJ, Philly, '09.

Shed my skin at last!
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    CUBS WIN!!!!!!!
  • Options
    This is making my night - Peter Frampton's Tiny Desk dealio on NPR.

In By Your Side, "I don't care, if I've lost some hair, all I wanna be is by your side....".

Gave my love a couple smooches on his noggin.

Not sure if he dug it, hrrrmphed, or both :i_dunno:

Sure happy though. Sometimes things, energy and all the good shit, align.
  • Options

CUBS WIN!!!!!!!

My grandpa, who died last November, was a Cubs fan and Maddon used to bench coach my Angels so I'm thrilled as well. Watched them with him on WGN as a kid during their 89 season. I love it when underdogs always get in there and end droughts.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    that i have so many loving relatives well known but not following all on instagram or twitter because mum told me its good to be quiet about some things...!!love family xx oo
  • Options
    Picking grapes for my
    Friend's delish(!!) Concorde Grape jam!
  • Options
    Overall smiles from some lovely souls, coupled with Alice in Chains' orchestral cover of Kashmir at the moment.

(jesus fucking christ - beauty!)
  • Options
    Speaking of which.

(and dig Stone's longmanbun!)

Just love these guys. What a difference they've made in my life.

Thank you, PJ. Made more than my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHMwptquX-0
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I got a raise a big one :)
  • Options
    Nice, Anna! Congrats.

It's still early here - what shall make my day is yet to be seen, but I'm certain something shall suffice.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Thank you Hedonist, I hope your day will be filled with good things :)
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

Yay!!! One of the greatest feelings in
    The world; knowing that your job appreciates the work you do.
  • Options

Annafalk said:

Yay!!! One of the greatest feelings in
    The world; knowing that your job appreciates the work you do.
    Yes, it means a lot, Thank you WH :)
  • Options
    MST3K turkey day marathon
  • Options
    Meeting my new niece! ( my sister is getting married)