Options

You are not going to believe this picture

2»

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    awesome picture...scary.
    thank god everyone was okay.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    mca47 wrote:
    Lucifer wrote:
    glad everyone is safe

i wish there was a video of the landing... that must be sick to see

i always laugh when they say "in case of a water landing"... i always figured if you hit the water you're f'd anyway

but i guess it's possible

although hearing that you can't open the rear doors is freaky... i guess the plane would sink if you open the rear doors

if i was in the last row... i think i'd probably panic a little bit

Yeah, it would be tough to be sitting by the rear exit after a plane goes down and not want to rip that door open and get the F out!

I wonder why the rear of the plane is less buoyant than the front.

Largely due to wings/fuel. On most planes the wings are not centered to the aircraft back to front. In most cases the wings being toward the rear , coupled with the wings holding fuel tanks and factor in the tail with alerons(sp?) luggage compartments below decks. etc.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Amazing photo to an remarkable story...really put a smile on my face. Big thank you to the pilot!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Here's the funny (since everyone is ok we can have funny) part.

Go back and look at the picture.

Seems that first class got the raft and no raft for coach.

Figures.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Here's the funny (since everyone is ok we can have funny) part.

Go back and look at the picture.

Seems that first class got the raft and no raft for coach.

Figures.

LOL!

And the first class cabin is the last to sink! :D
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    OMG. That pic. WOW. There really isn't much to say about it. Just wow. I seriously want to buy that pilot a beer.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper