Don't forget to resize your pictures (first)!

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Man! What a lot of work to get a picture IN a post. I'm thinking about just going back to using links. Any thoughts? It might make this mess a little easier on the eyes...

Repeat after me:
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
480x640
:mrgreen:
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    imalive wrote:
    Man! What a lot of work to get a picture IN a post. I'm thinking about just going back to using links. Any thoughts? It might make this mess a little easier on the eyes...

Repeat after me:
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    and 72dpi :geek:
  • nuffingman wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Repeat after me:
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    480x640
    and 72dpi :geek:
    URGH... I'm never gonna work that out... I see how to change the sizes... BUT THE DPI?????????? :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    URGH... I'm never gonna work that out... I see how to change the sizes... BUT THE DPI?????????? :roll:

I dunno about that...I just go BACK to Photobucket (when they tell me the picture's too big) and resize it. I'll either get used to doing it first or maybe you can tell Photobucket that that's what you want all your pictures sized at???? WTF? Who knows? :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    yeah, it was a bit of a pain..everytime i thought it would be okay it still wasn't. But eventually I got it sized right.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    screw that....i'm not changing the size of my files....the forum software should do it
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I just used photobucket and it came out fine. Didn't have to do a thing to it. Maybe photobucket automatically sizes it? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    wolfbear wrote:
    I just used photobucket and it came out fine. Didn't have to do a thing to it. Maybe photobucket automatically sizes it? :)

I should've done that! btw your avatar is so cute! :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    edited January 2009
    I think we'll be fine if we all buy shitty cameras! :D

and I agree with Norm ^^^^^

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wolfbear wrote:

i tired to post a pic from photobucket and had to resize....if your pics are already 640x480 you're ok
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    libragirl wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

Thanks! Courtesy of google images. I thought it was quite appropriate. :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • norm wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

i tired to post a pic from photobucket and had to resize....if your pics are already 640x480 you're ok

ugh. most of my pictures are huge b/c i shoot with a high resolution camera, the pixels or whatever....haha. i know they automatically get made a wee bit smaller for photobucket, but i can definitely see that would be an issue. i can't be bothered doing that either. i think i'll just stick with links. :D

too bad tho, i DID like imbedding images direct on the art wall, but there's no way i'm gonna resize everything...blah, blah.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
    wolfbear wrote:
    libragirl wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

Thanks! Courtesy of google images. I thought it was quite appropriate. :lol:

I know! That's very clever of you :)
  • Woo I got it :D cos the first one came up fuzzy... but everyone I put up after, it said upload successful or changes saved or whatever... but it kept showing the old fuzzy one again. BUT that was only in the settings page apparently... when I went to my posts like dunk suggested, it was showing the new one.

Also another suggestion of dunks earlier... if you can't upload... change the default avatar to one of the other ones... and save... and THEN you can put whatever you want.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Woo I got it :D cos the first one came up fuzzy... but everyone I put up after, it said upload successful or changes saved or whatever... but it kept showing the old fuzzy one again. BUT that was only in the settings page apparently... when I went to my posts like dunk suggested, it was showing the new one.

Also another suggestion of dunks earlier... if you can't upload... change the default avatar to one of the other ones... and save... and THEN you can put whatever you want.
    Hey....I've seen that picture somewhere before..... :lol:8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Woo I got it :D cos the first one came up fuzzy... but everyone I put up after, it said upload successful or changes saved or whatever... but it kept showing the old fuzzy one again. BUT that was only in the settings page apparently... when I went to my posts like dunk suggested, it was showing the new one.

Most wanted? :lol:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    tybird wrote:

Could be....I'll go by the post office in the A.M. and check. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

Could be....I'll go by the post office in the A.M. and check. :twisted:[/quote]
    :D I'll be there waiting :twisted:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hate when you go to post a picture and it's 640X480

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    81 wrote:
    i hate when you go to post a picture and it's 640X480

:fp:
    true
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”