PJ Fans In 12 Step Recovery 2nd edition

2»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Was given 3 year coin yesterday!!! Truly a gift. 8-)
    congratulations..................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    mickeyrat wrote:

I don't think I ever got round to getting a coin for any year after one, but congratulations!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'll drank to that.... :geek:
    I'll be back
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    mickeyrat wrote:

I don't think I ever got round to getting a coin for any year after one, but congratulations!
    it's nice to have , but the one I carry thats FAR more important to me is the 24 hour coin.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    mickeyrat wrote:

Congrats to you mickeyrat. I'm sure you worked very hard to earn that. Continued success to you.

Actually, continued success to all of you who are dealing with addictions (whatever they may be).
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • pinot768pinot768 Posts: 295
    Recovery bump for anyone who needs it :D
    "I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • 3 mos sober and had the best time sober at the chicago show...I never thought I would see a show sober but it is amazing how much better it is sober.....the energy is so great
    This is Not For You
  • Thank you for reviving this thread Mickey! It means a lot to be able to read everyone's stories and encouragement a. This Nov.5th makes four months sober for me! I feel sooo much better!
    Again thanks for bringing this thing back!!
    It really is an inside job.. I really cling to that song alot!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Thank you for reviving this thread Mickey! It means a lot to be able to read everyone's stories and encouragement a. This Nov.5th makes four months sober for me! I feel sooo much better!
    Again thanks for bringing this thing back!!
    It really is an inside job.. I really cling to that song alot!

4 months. That is awesome!

There's also some talk in this thread...
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/29105/pj-fans-in-12-step-recovery/p1
  • I'm so happy to have found you all. It is awesome that a band such as PJ can have such a force of a fan base. Today is day 6 for me. Its also the first real challenge in my recovery. Its Easter and the day is full of activities with the family. I woke up and my first thought was I wanted a pill. Luckily I know there isnt one available and I can't go back to dumping out drawers looking for one. Plus the day before I started I cleaned thoroughly to make sure if did search I would come up empty.. The challenge for today is I started a new routine with lots of exercise in the mornings. I missed how much a natural endorphin high feels awesome. It gives me a chance to just put on some headphones and reflect on everything listening to music. So I started chasing that dragon so to say. Today there is no time for music or a workout until lunch time.

The one thing I found the most I missed was music and how much it moves me. I never had cable or liked TV until I started using. My wife remembers when we were dating how I always had music on. She loved it as she didn't have much experience with rock and it gave me a chance to teach her about all rock from Pink Floyd to Nirvana/PJ and all things in between. Now that I'm sober I love music more than anything on have it on almost all day again.

Anyways, thank you for pointing me here. My struggle is just starting but I am not willing to go back this time.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    Good deal. This version was started during a board change and I thought we lost the first one. Heres the link to the original.post wherever you wish.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/29105/pj-fans-in-12-step-recovery#latest

most importantly. Enjoy this day. Its like no other.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    cdysinge said:

I'm so happy to have found you all. It is awesome that a band such as PJ can have such a force of a fan base. Today is day 6 for me. Its also the first real challenge in my recovery. Its Easter and the day is full of activities with the family. I woke up and my first thought was I wanted a pill. Luckily I know there isnt one available and I can't go back to dumping out drawers looking for one. Plus the day before I started I cleaned thoroughly to make sure if did search I would come up empty.. The challenge for today is I started a new routine with lots of exercise in the mornings. I missed how much a natural endorphin high feels awesome. It gives me a chance to just put on some headphones and reflect on everything listening to music. So I started chasing that dragon so to say. Today there is no time for music or a workout until lunch time.

The one thing I found the most I missed was music and how much it moves me. I never had cable or liked TV until I started using. My wife remembers when we were dating how I always had music on. She loved it as she didn't have much experience with rock and it gave me a chance to teach her about all rock from Pink Floyd to Nirvana/PJ and all things in between. Now that I'm sober I love music more than anything on have it on almost all day again.

Anyways, thank you for pointing me here. My struggle is just starting but I am not willing to go back this time.

Music has been so important in my recovery. I, too turned away from it during my darkest times. Now music fills me up.

I don't exercise, but I would think running to Inside Job would be amazing.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Here you go @SJD3232 !!