Options

Band of Horses News

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited April 2010 in Other Music
for my fellow fans

Welcome to 2009!

This one's gonna be a busy and exciting one for Band of Horses. The year kicks off with the announcement of a pair of West Coast US Headline shows:

April 15th - Santa Cruz, CA - Catalyst
Presale starts this Thursday, January 15th at 10am PST here

http://catalyst.inhousetickets.com/priv ... sl=&queue=
April 17th - Oakland, CA - Fox TheaterPassword: GHOST
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, January 16th at 10am PST here

http://www.catalystclub.com/http://cata ... sl=&queue=
April 17th - Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
Presale starts this Thursday, January 15th at 10am PST here

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004 ... 60Password: GHOST
Tickets go on sale to the public Sunday, January 18th at 10am PST here

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004 ... orcatid=60
Before heading out to California, the band plans to visit their old friends at Echo Mountain Studios in Asheville, NC to continue work on the new record. Those who attended the New Years Eve run in Atlanta got a heaping taste of some of the new material, and the band is looking forward to getting to work on those songs in the studio.
Limited Edition Posters

Limited edition posters from the Atlanta shows are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase in the online store!

http://www.sammerch.com/product/677/Dec ... _Playhouse
Tour Blog

http://bandofhorsestour.blogspot.com/

Check the Tour Blog for photos from the Atlanta shows, along with those from the band's fall trips to Mexico and Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit Concert in Mountain View, CA.

Stay tuned to http://www.bandofhorses.com as there will be plenty of updates on the band's activities in the coming weeks.
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I had sorta forgotten about these guys until last weekend when I threw on both their albums for a couple of spins... and they are SO fucking good! This is exciting news...
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    This is great news. Hoping for some east coast dates!
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I love Band of Horses! They need to make their way down south.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    These guys are great. One of my favorite bands currently. I'm looking forward to the new album, and hope they do more shows soon.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did not get tickets fast enough for the New Year's Eve shows in Atlanta :(
    I was not willing to pay 100 bucks to see them when the last time they came around i saw them at the Earl for like 10 bucks. Fuck scalpers.

Pretty excited to hear some new stuff though. Cease to Begin was a great album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Very excited to hear some new things from these guys. I just got into them last year. Their show at the Parish was one of my favorites of 2008.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Love these guys, cant wait for the new album. They should put out a live DVD too becasue I really cant see how someone can play guitar with hooves. Maybe drums and keyboards, but definitely not guitar.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    great news about the new album! got into them last year and have been craving something new since i spun the life outta their other albums
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Love these guys, cant wait for the new album. They should put out a live DVD too becasue I really cant see how someone can play guitar with hooves. Maybe drums and keyboards, but definitely not guitar.

boo
  • Options
    hopefully with these guys opening for pearl jam they will get a little more love around here as they deserve it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    such a great band. love the dreamy sound they have. great great band. cant wait for album 3 in a few months!
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I think regardless of the Pearl Jam opening slot these guys are about to blow up with the new album.

You can kind of feel it
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    The last one was a snoozefest and I can only think of a few tunes that are good, but they'll be a pretty decent opener for PJ.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    The last one was a snoozefest and I can only think of a few tunes that are good, but they'll be a pretty decent opener for PJ.
    :?

I thought cease to begin was one of the best albums released that year and that it was much better then their first album.

thats just me though
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    intodeep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

I thought cease to begin was one of the best albums released that year and that it was much better then their first album.

thats just me though

I only gave it a few listens, but everything just ran together. Ghost In My House is the only thing that stuck out and it's just the same thing over and over.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    DewieCox wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

thats just me though

I only gave it a few listens, but everything just ran together. Ghost In My House is the only thing that stuck out and it's just the same thing over and over.

Interesting. I find Ghost in My House to be the dullest song on the album.

There is also a lot of variation while maintaining a specific mood throughout the entire thing. I love it
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited March 2010
    I really love Band of Horses & would be super excited to see them open for PJ!
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I thought Cease to Begin was an amazing album. Love it and still listen to it all the time. I was on the fence about if I was going to travel to see PJ this year, trying to save money, but Band of Horses was the deciding factor for me. I'll be making a trip.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Seeing Band of Horses one night and The Black Keys open another night will be perfect for me! Both are great bands in their own right.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I had sorta forgotten about these guys until last weekend when I threw on both their albums for a couple of spins... and they are SO fucking good! This is exciting news...

Agreed. They are a great band. Funny, they have a song named after that huge reservoir that stinks up our entire valley on some days. 8-)

BTW, haven't seen you in a while soulsinging. Have you been in hiding? 8-)8-) (oh, double cool!)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i hope the hype lives up
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just got an email about the new album. Delux edition for $99...

"The deluxe edition includes the 180g Infinite Arms Vinyl, an Infinite Arms CD, a DVD featuring videos for each song on the album synched to a 5.1 surround sound mix of the record, all packaged together in a 12.5 x 12.5-inch hard-bound, 100+ page coffee table book featuring the photography of Christopher Wilson. Purchase includes an immediate download of Laredo MP3 and Compliments video."

This seems pretty cool. I can't spend that much on it though. It looks like Bands are finding more creative ways to physically put their music in our hands. I always thought including video (maybe behind the scenes stuff or Single video Theory type stuff) would encourage me to buy more, and maybe fewer people would just settle for the download.

I cant see paying 100 bucks though...i'd definitely pick this up if it was around $30-40.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Another new song

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/38624
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Great stuff, checked out their albums, looking forward to seeing them, any sideshows in NYC while they're in town? i dont see any dates besides PJ on their site.