Options

Hey all you ARMCHAIR economists

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited January 2009 in A Moving Train
I told you last summer that oil prices weren't driven by supply and demand....

but oh no...Strangest Tribe you are wrong!!!!

Well, I fuckin told ya so.....are you watching 60 minutes right now????

Ha Ha
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I don't think they made it over here from the old board yet.
  • Options

Ha Ha

I'm on your side in this one, gas prices are controlled, plain and simple...

but a more important question is: how were you able to change your screen name...?
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    JJ46837 wrote:
    formally Inmytree...now just some stupid number...

are you wearing a tuxedo, or do you mean "formerly"?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    JJ46837 wrote:
    formally Inmytree...now just some stupid number...

are you wearing a tuxedo, or do you mean "formerly"?

ha ha...

both... :lol:

yeah, I'm a dumbass...thanks for the spell check...:mrgreen:
  • Options
    JJ46837 wrote:

Ha Ha

I'm on your side in this one, gas prices are controlled, plain and simple...

but a more important question is: how were you able to change your screen name...?

My name stayed the same when I came over to the new site....I don't know why...I see I have lost several thousand posts but I haven't been around much lately and I'm relatively confused about all he new stuff going on around here.
    the Minions
  • Options

Ha Ha

I'm confused who this rant is aimed at, but i sure as fuck don't watch 60 Minutes.
    I also have no idea what you are insinuating regarding oil, but if it is a reference to collusive price rigging, and centralized "management" of the oil markets, then i'm in full agreement.

The run up to $150 a barrel and the crash back to -- what is it now? -- $35 a barrel has been one of the most stupendous and least investigated instances of collusive insider trading and deliberate speculative manipulation that has ever been witnessed -- second only to the amount of manipulation that the central banks have put on against gold for the past year, probably.

My personal take on oil prices is that, given the "disconnect" between gold and the markets (since gold has long been demonetized), OIL has been THE commodity du jur for the illuminists to manipulate. And for what purpose? TO DISTORT INFLATIONARY DATA.

Given the extreme amount of money that has been guaranteed, outright printed, and so forth (trillions at this point) and assuming oil had NOT run up to $150 and been dropped like a hammer (by collusion), oil WOULD have been slowly creeping up the price charts making it VERY OBVIOUS that we had inflation.

However if all the richest banks in the world get together and PREEMPTIVELY run up the price of oil BEFORE demand slows down (which just proves how collusive it was, because ANYONE could have told these idiots that such a price was incompatible with global growth slow down) and THEN knock the price down when their little media puppets start babbling about "contango" and oversupply vs. low demand, THEN the inflationary nature of the situation is burried in a pile of anomalous data.

We're not just talking about the price of oil.
    Oil is a MAJOR component of ALL prices,
    and that means it is THE PRIMARY PRICE TO MANIPULATE IF YOU WANTED TO FUDGE THE CPI AND PPI DATA.

"Oh look. WE DON'T HAVE INFLATION! PPI and CPI have been coming DOWN for 3 months!"
    Yeah right, you cocksucking assholes.
    You just fucking manipulated the price of oil.
    Of COURSE we have deflation, you dropped a PRIMARY price component of ALL goods by 80%!

These folks at the top are smart.
    Disturbed, scary smart.

:( :( :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?