Options

Cranky West Coast Girl

leopattieleopattie Posts: 22
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I can't help it, I'm so cranky about not being able to see any of these summer shows. And I'm not gonna spend the $$ to see some partial set at The Who tribute...
7/92 Lollapalooza
10/94 Bridge School
6/95 SF
11/95 San Jose
10/96 Bridge School
11/97 Oakland
10/00 SF
6/03 SF
6/03 Vegas
10/03 Bridge School
10/04 Bridge School
9/05 Vancouver
7/15/06 SF
7/22/06 Gorge
It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive - Springsteen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    fuck it fly out
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Yup, I'm stuck on the left coast too, but I think we'll get our chance soon enough.
  • Options
    so when I get back: house is empty and dark. "For Sale" sign in front lawn, husband and dogs no where to be found. I just finished an 8 show Springsteen tour run, I think his tolerance for long distance shows is up for this year...
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland
    10/00 SF
    6/03 SF
    6/03 Vegas
    10/03 Bridge School
    10/04 Bridge School
    9/05 Vancouver
    7/15/06 SF
    7/22/06 Gorge
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    leopattie wrote:
    I can't help it, I'm so cranky about not being able to see any of these summer shows. And I'm not gonna spend the $$ to see some partial set at The Who tribute...
    It's ok to be cranky about it...I'm sure I will be when the west coast gets their turn....even after we've had ours. It's just knowing how great they are to see live that makes it so unbearable :(...but:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    After the Stones tour of 2005-2006, the Mrs. was not keen on me catching any of these shows either (I live near Chicago). But thankfully, I remembered that I have some clients in the Miami area that required a personal visit.....no better time than this week to do it!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Ya, I'm not hitting up any shows this tour, but hopefully PJ shows some love to the midwest sometime soon.

I think one reason why PJ has so many fans on the coasts is because they seem to play there 90% of the time. I'm not bitching, but they do visit the coasts a lot compared to anywhere else.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    FWIW, I felt the same way about the EV solo shows...
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    leopattie wrote:

Hop on a plane and fly out. I'll take care of everything.

(disclaimer: I'll take care of everything entails everything except the following - plane tickets, hotel, pearl jam tickets, food, drinks, sunscreen, posters, interesting conversation, or a ride to and from shows)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Could be worse, you could have waited for five long years for PJ to "return" only to hear that they will be at Bonnarro. Glad the guys embarked on a mini-tour. Can't wait for Columbia, SC.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    speaking as someone who has not seen them since 04 because i could not afford to fly around the country for the avocado tour i understand your frustration.

hopefully you all will get some good shows out there soon.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yep, West Coaster here too not traveling east. Still holding out slim hope for a Pacific NW show sometime this year.
  • Options
    Hop on a plane and fly out. I'll take care of everything.

(disclaimer: I'll take care of everything entails everything except the following - plane tickets, hotel, pearl jam tickets, food, drinks, sunscreen, posters, interesting conversation, or a ride to and from shows)

You can't even promise interesting conversation? Geez.
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland
    10/00 SF
    6/03 SF
    6/03 Vegas
    10/03 Bridge School
    10/04 Bridge School
    9/05 Vancouver
    7/15/06 SF
    7/22/06 Gorge
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    my flight leaves in 3 hours and 50 minutes.

during a vacation back in january, i volunteered to give up my seat on the return flight. delta gave me a $400 voucher for my trouble. that paid for my flight and my west palm beach 10club ticket (i purchased part of my travel buddy's flight in exchange for her paying for tickets with her credit card.)

my dad lives just outside of tampa, so i justified the trip by purchasing a pair of 10club tix for he and i for thursday night. he couldnt even name a pearl jam song, but he is super excited to see what i have been up to for the past 51 shows....lol.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    leopattie wrote:
    You can't even promise interesting conversation? Geez.

LOL, of course I can. :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    What part of OR are you in leopattie?
  • Options
    I moved from the Bay Area back to Oregon two years ago, I'm now in (homage to "the simpsons") Springfield... so, alas, ANY PJ show I go to is a road trip now. This is why I keep the super-secret-stashed-savings account.
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland
    10/00 SF
    6/03 SF
    6/03 Vegas
    10/03 Bridge School
    10/04 Bridge School
    9/05 Vancouver