Options

Question about Bonnaroo Show and One Observation

PJCougPJCoug Posts: 6
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I just downloaded the Bonnaroo show. It's fukking amazing, but I did have one question as I'm now listening to it...

During the 3rd encore, Eddie says there's time for one more (song) before it all gets glow in the dark. Then he begins to talk that now was the time to take whatever (drug?) so that by the time Kanye takes the stage the drugs will take effect. However midway through this dialog, All Along The Watchtower starts playing and his speech is cut short, before he obviously finishes what he was saying.

My question is this, since I wasn't at the actual performance, did the rest of the band just start playing, or was this part of the editing for the bootleg???

Anyways, I was just wondering.

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I was there and didn't catch the end of that either, to the best of my memory~they just started playing and eddie mumbled out.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yep, EV mumbled for sure...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    This HAS to be the time.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I never understood what he was trying to get at all when he started that talk. Seemed like he wasn't really sure what he was trying to say or, maybe, how to say it and finally he kind of threw his hands up, shrugged, whatever...and they started playing
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    I never understood what he was trying to get at all when he started that talk. Seemed like he wasn't really sure what he was trying to say or, maybe, how to say it and finally he kind of threw his hands up, shrugged, whatever...and they started playing

Yep. He was trying to say something without coming right out and saying it and it didn't make a whole lot of sense anyhow so the band saved him. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102

I think he was pissed off. I pretty sure PJ wanted to play about 4 more songs (they showed the setlist for a few seconds after the first encore break on the big screen), but they were cut short for the Kanye stage set up (don't get me started on that).
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    I think he was pissed off. I pretty sure PJ wanted to play about 4 more songs (they showed the setlist for a few seconds after the first encore break on the big screen), but they were cut short for the Kanye stage set up (don't get me started on that).
    Well, I thought he was pissed too when he made that "before everything gets all glow in the dark" comment, but then he lost me and I wasn't sure where he was going with it. I really think they wanted to at least play a couple more....weren't both YL and Indifference on the setlist they showed on the big screen or does my memory fail me?

I'm downloading the show now. I ordered the cd and intended to wait on it, but with the delay I just couldn't wait any longer

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I don't think he was angry. He was letting people know that if they were going to take any mind altering substances for the Kanye Glow in the Dark show, now is the time to drop so you peak when Kanye starts. I think duing the middle he realized that he was promoting drug use and stopped talking. That was my impression.

If only he knew that most people we coming down when Kanye actually started.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    I don't think he was angry. He was letting people know that if they were going to take any mind altering substances for the Kanye Glow in the Dark show, now is the time to drop so you peak when Kanye starts. I think duing the middle he realized that he was promoting drug use and stopped talking. That was my impression.

That does make sense and you are right I believe....I just wasn't sure that night

• Options
    jecica wrote:

This. (10 char.)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Well, I thought he was pissed too when he made that "before everything gets all glow in the dark" comment, but then he lost me and I wasn't sure where he was going with it. I really think they wanted to at least play a couple more....weren't both YL and Indifference on the setlist they showed on the big screen or does my memory fail me?

I'm downloading the show now. I ordered the cd and intended to wait on it, but with the delay I just couldn't wait any longer

I am surprised there isn't more whining about the boots not being in the mail. I come home from work everyday really excited, but there is just a let down when I get my mail.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    I am surprised there isn't more whining about the boots not being in the mail. I come home from work everyday really excited, but there is just a let down when I get my mail.

naw everyone is too up in arms over tickets.
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:

I asked the question when Santos posted that the download was available...but I never saw an answer...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    jtrah13jtrah13 Posts: 4
    He was inentionally being vague to incite a response, almost saying the entire word kanye put pulling off at the end. He was taking a dig at him, in my opinion for requesting the late night set at 2:45 to avoid competition with other performers. And I wouldn't say that the band saved him because it was ed's guitar that starts watchtower. It was actually fairly funny and i think it may become one of those classic moments now that people have the boot to reference.
    State Of love and trust
  • Options
    For my part, I haven't whined about it simply because I had waited years to see them again so waiting a little while longer for the boot wasn't too bad.

• Options
    They just started playing, the boot isn't edited.

He was making a joke referencing the original Woodstock when they made an announcement to not take the brown acid.

Of course those that were hoping to peak when Kanye started needed to wait another 2 hours before taking it.