Options

Anyone have an Ipod Hardwired to their Car Stereo?

South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
edited April 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I'm thinking of doing this. Just wondered if anyone else has done this and how much it cost them.
NERDS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    Have you tried a transmitter? You can pick these up at any electronic store. It hooks into your Ipod or any mp3 player and transmits your music on specific FM frequencies that you can tune into on you car radio.......therefore you still have the option of taking the mp3 player anywhere you want.
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    I've hardwired my iPod.
    If you have a after-market head-unit (Kenwood, Alpine) with external CD changing capabilities there is a cable that you buy that attaches to the back of the unit in the external c.d. input.
    On the other end of the cable are two RCA jack's. Go to radio shack and buy a male RCA to 1/8" jack and plug everything in. Probably run ya $40 tops if you do it yourself..
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."