Options

Help me with my speakers?

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
hey there, i have 5.1 speakers brand new, i play music and sound only comes out of my sub woofer and my 2 other speakers.

so 3 are out of action, i have gone to control panel and changed it to 5.1 thats all i have done.

so if anyone has any suggestions on what i could do that would be great

thanks

Ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Audio CDs are only recorded in stereo, so you are only going to get sound out of two channels (plus the sub) to get 5.1 you are going to need to purchase something recorded in 5.1, a lot of bands are putting out DVD versions of their albums that have the songs remixed into all the channels. Now if you play a DVD movie that is coded in 5.1 you will get sound out of all 6 channels.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    "Help me with my speakers, I heard the drifter say." - Bob Dylan
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    ok cool, thanks
  • Options
    "Help me with my speakers, I heard the drifter say." - Bob Dylan

Haha, good one.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i see the world..................
  • Options
    Audio CDs are only recorded in stereo, so you are only going to get sound out of two channels (plus the sub) to get 5.1 you are going to need to purchase something recorded in 5.1, a lot of bands are putting out DVD versions of their albums that have the songs remixed into all the channels. Now if you play a DVD movie that is coded in 5.1 you will get sound out of all 6 channels.

good call......
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I BrisK I wrote:
    hey there, i have 5.1 speakers brand new, i play music and sound only comes out of my sub woofer and my 2 other speakers.

so 3 are out of action, i have gone to control panel and changed it to 5.1 thats all i have done.

so if anyone has any suggestions on what i could do that would be great

thanks

Ed

mines does the same, but I can "force" my system into playing it into all 6 speakers and all it does is play the music through the satellite speakers but just a bit quieter..

definitely start buying releases that are in special edition 5:1 versions... Devils and Dust from Springsteen had a 5:1 mix and it was pretty eerie to hear strings being twanged behind you.. :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.