Xbox Digital audio/video problems

RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
edited June 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Hey all,
I have been using a Mad Catz Ultra AV pack for surround sound for my xbox for a few years now, and just bought me a HDTV. The av pack has connections for fibre optic audio (which is what I've been using), RCA audio/vid which I was using for my vid, and component video, which I just hooked up.
After hooking up the video (pull both triggers and click both thumbsticks to initiate HD at the Xbox dashboard) the audio doesn't work anymore. I unhooked it and set it up the way I had it before and it still doesn't work. If I connect it through the RCA cables it works but the fibre optic method is having issues.
Connecting the PS2 with the fibre optic cable works fine still, so it must be the madcatz jobby. I've altered the xbox settings for audio/video where necessary, as well.
Any Xbox gurus around the boards have some shareable knowledge on this subject?

Thanks for reading.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Your fiber optic line goes to your receiver, right? Are you sure you have the right input setting for it? My xbox and dvd player both go into the receiver via an FO line, but I have to tell the receiver each time I want to use one of them if I used the other one previously. Opt In has to be set for either Opt In 1 or Opt In 2 as DVD depending on which I need for a source.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Yep, the receiver has 3 inputs and Xbox is set to the first (FO line goes straight to Input1).
    Strangely, pressing the 'test' button which allows you to set your individual speaker volumes on the receiver while on Input 1 (when the xbox is going) sounds like the speakers are muffled. Tried it with the PS2 hooked up and it's ok, and it's ok on the other settings too.
    The PS2 and Xbox both go to the same input on the receiver as I just switch the optical cord between them. The vid goes straight to the TV.
    Seems to me I had a needlessly hard time the first time I wired it up. Stupid madcatz...
    Not sure what to tell you man, sorry. Could be a lot of things and without seeing the setup up close I can't really think where to begin.
    No prob, thanks for the attempt regardless.
    I forget...do you have to setup the xBox options to tell it whether you want RCA or FO?
    Yeah, you can set the options for mono, stereo, or dolby surround.
    It auto detects connections, though.

EDIT: Bought a new fibre optic cable and the set up works. The old FO cable works fine with the PS2 still...."just smile and nod.."