Options

Amt

siochansiochan Posts: 304
edited August 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I don't know if it's just me but the whole entire A Moving Train seems to have temporarily disappeared ....... whats up with that?

Ok on looking again it seems to be now closed for some reason or other ..... these forums are getting more screwed up everyday especially those with political content .... for a board that represents a band who don't enforce censorship there seems to be a bit of it going around....
" You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    If the forum's used properly, for debate, this shouldn't impinge on people's right to free speech. If a person makes an impassioned, intelligent argument for one point of view, and is met with an equally powerful counter-argument, everyone's views are being accounted for. That's really what AMT's about, as I see it. But when people start to swear at each other and resort to epithets, well, it actually stifles free speech, because people feel they don't want to post on a forum where there are a few extremists and hotheads who never bother to read anyone's ideas. Closing the forum for maintenance should help some people to realise that their "right" to make personal attacks on others impinges on others' rights to use the forum properly, and to hold reasoned discussion.
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    If the forum's used properly, for debate, this shouldn't impinge on people's right to free speech. If a person makes an impassioned, intelligent argument for one point of view, and is met with an equally powerful counter-argument, everyone's views are being accounted for. That's really what AMT's about, as I see it. But when people start to swear at each other and resort to epithets, well, it actually stifles free speech, because people feel they don't want to post on a forum where there are a few extremists and hotheads who never bother to read anyone's ideas. Closing the forum for maintenance should help some people to realise that their "right" to make personal attacks on others impinges on others' rights to use the forum properly, and to hold reasoned discussion.

I agree with everything that you've just said mate !
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.