Cd labels and Jewel Case

WarPigWarPig Posts: 5
edited October 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I bought the Philly CD from the store, it came with images to be used for the cd labels and jewel cases.

They open up in acrobat reader, so I'm gueesing that's a .pdf file ?

I am clueless when it comes to computers.

The program that I have will not except it. It wants .jpg .gif .tif etc.

How can I get these images out of acrbat reader ?

Any help much appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Acrobat Reader is a free download.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • WarPig wrote:
    I bought the Philly CD from the store, it came with images to be used for the cd labels and jewel cases.

They open up in acrobat reader, so I'm gueesing that's a .pdf file ?

I am clueless when it comes to computers.

The program that I have will not except it. It wants .jpg .gif .tif etc.

How can I get these images out of acrbat reader ?

Any help much appreciated.
    I have the same problem
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    yep, get adobe here http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

if you've never used this before you may notice the files take a few seconds longer to open & whatnot
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • WarPigWarPig Posts: 5
    I have adobe already.

I can see the images.

The problem is getting the images out of adobe.

I just used the print screen button, then pasted the images into an image program (photoshop) and cropped them down and changed the format to a jpg.

A pain in the ass, yes.

Why would PJ send the images in a stupid .pdf file confuses me, they alrady sent concert pics as jpg's, why not the cd labels ????

Like I said, I'm a novice when it comes to computers so maybe there was/is a reason for them sending them as a .pdf, and there probally is an easier way to get the images out, I just wish someone would tell me.
  • the files i downloaded had the images separate from the album art. are the photos opening in adobe when you go to view them?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • How did they turn out after using print screen? Is the quality still good? That would be one way to fix that problem but it's pretty mickey mouse. I have no problem viewing these pdf's but when im in my cd label making program all pictures on my computer are visible to use except these PJ adobe pdf's and it's the same with a couple other programs I tried, something about adobe doesnt appear when I need it. Does anyone know a way i can convert these pdf's into jpeg?
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
  • Or does anyone know of a cd label making program that works with adobe pdf's?
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
  • you have to find the cd insert sheets that are laid out like it is in adobe. no need to convert any files just put in the sheet and print. I have not tried to print the cd label, just the jewel case inserts.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Where do I find them because when I look for them in my cd label making program they are not where i have them saved, but regular pics such as jpeg ect are there.
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
    Vancityray wrote:
    How did they turn out after using print screen? Is the quality still good? That would be one way to fix that problem but it's pretty mickey mouse. I have no problem viewing these pdf's but when im in my cd label making program all pictures on my computer are visible to use except these PJ adobe pdf's and it's the same with a couple other programs I tried, something about adobe doesnt appear when I need it. Does anyone know a way i can convert these pdf's into jpeg?

Turned out fine.

Use this to convert.

http://www.irfanview.com/
  • Hey my friend gave me adobe professional, now i can change them to jpegs, if you need any labels or covers converted message me.
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
    Vancityray wrote:
    Hey my friend gave me adobe professional, now i can change them to jpegs, if you need any labels or covers converted message me.

Message sent.