Options

Trying to make Mix-DVD's

Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to make a 'Mix-Dvd' with various mpeg files I have. I want to take a lot of music video's I have downloaded from Kazaa/LimeWire/etc. and throw a bunch on a DVD for a friend.

Is that possible?

I am really ignorant on how stuff like this works, so if it is possible, is it pretty simple, or complicated to the point where a newbie would end up driving himself crazy.

P.S. Is there a way to burn to a CD-R and have it play in a DVD player, or is a DVD burner a must?

Thanks a lot!

- Dan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    You can put them to a CDR and it will play in most/some DVD players. But it will be pretty low/VCD quality.

But if you are patient, there is a random TV/video appearance DVD in the works. It will feature the best sources of said performances with menus and all. But, to hold you over, the VCD thing might not be a bad route.
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    Yeah it's really simple to do. First of all you need a DVD burning programme and then you just follow the instructions on that to create a DVD.
    If it's audio you are after then simply open Itunes or windows, depending on which application you use and then it will record the audio onto a disc.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    onejourney wrote:
    You can put them to a CDR and it will play in most/some DVD players. But it will be pretty low/VCD quality.

But if you are patient, there is a random TV/video appearance DVD in the works. It will feature the best sources of said performances with menus and all. But, to hold you over, the VCD thing might not be a bad route.

I can just burn mpeg's to a CD-R and it will play in a DVD player???

- Dan
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    I can just burn mpeg's to a CD-R and it will play in a DVD player???

- Dan

Yes. As long as the DVD player will support it. Ive done it before so I know it will work. If you have a newer DVD player it should be fine...
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    I'm just about to do the same. I have heaps of videos that I would like to burn so that I can watch them on a DVD player (and also to have a back-up).

I have a DVD burner, but do I need a specific program to be able to do this or can I just right click and send to CD drive and write the file to disk?

Does it matter if I use a CD-R or DVD-R? I have both.

I'm new to this sort of thing. I have burned music and pics to CD-R and listened to and viewed them using my DVD player, but never videos (of any kind).
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    You should download ULEAD. It's a dvd creation software. It's real easy to use and you can add music to your menu, it converts all the diff video files into dvd compliant files. It takes a while to convert but it's worth it. You can get a free trial at http://www.ulead.com
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Thank you!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    For any concerns or tutorials regarding how to author dvd's from various video types, you absolutely must look on Videohelp.