Options

Posting A Link!!!

buffalojammerbuffalojammer Posts: 134
edited August 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
How Do You Post A Link On To A Thread/post?
I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i still cant figure out how the hell to do this
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Each thread has a hyper linked number in the upper right hand corner of each post. If you copy the link and paste it somewhere to read it looks like this: "php?p=2026346&postcount=3" towards the end of it. You just need to take the numbers I highlighted in Red and stick them like this: [post]numbers here[/post] to get this:

[post]2026346[/post]

Quote this to see what i did if you still don't get it.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Each thread has a hyper linked number in the upper right hand corner of each post. If you copy the link and paste it somewhere to read it looks like this: "php?p=2026346&postcount=3" towards the end of it. You just need to take the numbers I highlighted in Red and stick them like this: [post]numbers here[/post] to get this:

[post]2026346[/post]

where is this # im looking in the upper right hand corner cant find it

Frank the tank
  • Options
    where is this # im looking in the upper right hand corner cant find it

Right above this information: Join Date: Apr 2005

The number looks like this: #5 as an example.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Right above this information: Join Date: Apr 2005

The nubmer looks like this: #5 as an example.

i see i was looking for this 5-6 #,s in length so its the posts that are put onto a thread in order

Frank the tank
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

[post]2026346[/post]

[post]4[/post]sabres.com[post]

Frank the tank
  • Options
    [post]4[/post]sabres.com[post]

Hmmmm...that's not right. What you need is the URL that is hyper linked to that number 4. If you right click on that number and choose 'Copy Shortcut', then paste that you will see the long URL with the 5-6 number string that you need to put between the [post]and[/post]
  • Options

Frank the tank
  • Options

Frank the tank
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

[post]2026346[/post]

Thanks for the info got it now

Frank the tank
  • Options

Okay, now you've lost it completely...all our training out the window! :p
  • Options
    Thanks for the info got it now

Awesome! Glad to hear it.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Okay, now you've lost it completely...all our training out the window! :p

i have sucomb to the dark side of the thread posting links :), lost that page with the faces got it again please and thanks

Frank the tank
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    quote=amentvedder]http://www.theskyiscrape.com/audvis/pics/stone007.jpg2026346=350[/quote]

:(:( a cant do it :(
    :mad:
  • Options

1st off AnImAL was a great teacher in helping me put links on to threads so he deserves most of the credit here for this great info However I,ve found it easier to go to the page you want to put as a link "copy the page you want and post it on the thread or the post try this it will work my young apprentice

Frank the tank
  • Options
    1st off AnImAL was a great teacher in helping me put links on to threads so he deserves most of the credit here for this great info However I,ve found it easier to go to the page you want to put as a link "copy the page you want and post it on the thread or the post try this it will work my young apprentice

Heh, thanks buffalojammer! Yeah, sometimes I wonder if it just becomes to difficult to use the vB coding to post links.....First, the [post][/post] stuff only works when it's a thread or post on THIS board you want to link to. Of coarse, just like you said, you can always just grab the URL in your web address bar and paste that in any thread to get a link to whatever page you are trying to link to. The only real purpose of using the [post][/post] option is so that you can link someone right to a specific post (from this board) in the middle of a thread, and have them still get the entire thread. I don't know if any of this makes any sense...again, I may have made it more difficult than it needed to be....
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Heh, thanks buffalojammer! Yeah, sometimes I wonder if it just becomes to difficult to use the vB coding to post links.....First, the [post][/post] stuff only works when it's a thread or post on THIS board you want to link to. Of coarse, just like you said, you can always just grab the URL in your web address bar and paste that in any thread to get a link to whatever page you are trying to link to. The only real purpose of using the [post][/post] option is so that you can link someone right to a specific post (from this board) in the middle of a thread, and have them still get the entire thread. I don't know if any of this makes any sense...again, I may have made it more difficult than it needed to be....

just a tad but difficulty is the key to sucess

Frank the tank
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610

Hey BuffaloJ thanks, copy and paste i can do! :D i will try that and maybe i will progress onto Animals way, links are the new polls...;)
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    copy. paste.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    let me try

Dead Link

Dead Link
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    wow it actually exists
    i like sound...