Options

why is it?

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
sometimes when threads get deleted, your post count changes with it, other times, it does not? i know many times in the past, a thread gets deleted, and i participated in it, my # drops. just this morning i posted in such a thread, completely disappeared, no trace of my posts...but no effect on pst count? just seems rather...odd.

makes me curious to know how/why that works.
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    which thread?

well it's gone now. hahaha. so obviously, can't be seen. it was a new rumor thread, but it was particularly pathetic, and thus quite funny. chock full of spelling errors, truly sad grammatical errors, etc. no media outlet would let such a release out looking like that. so a few of us had some fun with it. wishing it weren't *so* easy to dismiss....and i just returned now....and poof, gone. i had like 5 posts on it, and i still have em...so i just thought...bizarre. in other deletions, it comes off your count. i don't care one way or another....merely got me curious. normally, i'd not even notice, but since it just occurred....fresh in my mind.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    well it's gone now. hahaha. so obviously, can't be seen. it was a new rumor thread, but it was particularly pathetic, and thus quite funny. chock full of spelling errors, truly sad grammatical errors, etc. no media outlet would let such a release out looking like that. so a few of us had some fun with it. wishing it weren't *so* easy to dismiss....and i just returned now....and poof, gone. i had like 5 posts on it, and i still have em...so i just thought...bizarre. in other deletions, it comes off your count. i don't care one way or another....merely got me curious. normally, i'd not even notice, but since it just occurred....fresh in my mind.
    innocentrumour1964? hahaha i know I thought I was banned from the site or someting--good to know. about the post though you can find it on pjvault.com
  • Options
    innocentrumour1964? hahaha i know I thought I was banned from the site or someting--good to know. about the post though you can find it on pjvault.com

yes, that's it. really? quite interesting. is that where all the dead/deleted threads go? haha.

honestly, i wasn't interested in the thread per se - although i was curious to read more posts - my question was/is in regards to post #s. why do they sometimes change, othertimes not? i would think, either they always change when a thread is a deleted...ornever. it is the *sometimes* factor that merely piqued my curiosity.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    yes, that's it. really? quite interesting. is that where all the dead/deleted threads go? haha.
    honestly, i wasn't interested in the thread per se - although i was curious to read more posts - my question was/is in regards to post #s. why do they sometimes change, othertimes not? i would think, either they always change when a thread is a deleted...ornever. it is the *sometimes* factor that merely piqued my curiosity.

I haven't been here long enough, never noticed. This is the first disappearance of a thread I have witnessed. It is very weird that they disappear pretty quickly. I'll take notice on post #'s, check if you are on to something.
  • Options
    I haven't been here long enough, never noticed. This is the first disappearance of a thread I have witnessed. It is very weird that they disappear pretty quickly. I'll take notice on post #'s, check if you are on to something.

some disappear quickly due to subject matter i would imagine, some last forever, and eventually get deleted for whatever reason. it all depends. i know in the past, #s have gone down inexplicably, and i just think, eh, an old thread got deleted that i must've participated in. however, i see this today, and the # did NOT go down. thus, just got the wheels turning....as in....the whys of it. what in the program actually determines if the #s hold tight, or change, in regards to thread deletions.

not a pressing topic at all, i realize....merely how my mind works. i get curious.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    some disappear quickly due to subject matter i would imagine, some last forever, and eventually get deleted for whatever reason. it all depends. i know in the past, #s have gone down inexplicably, and i just think, eh, an old thread got deleted that i must've participated in. however, i see this today, and the # did NOT go down. thus, just got the wheels turning....as in....the whys of it. what in the program actually determines if the #s hold tight, or change, in regards to thread deletions.

not a pressing topic at all, i realize....merely how my mind works. i get curious.

Hi! I remember reading a thread/post about this some time ago. It said that your #'s can go down when a thread is deleted. Why they didn't this time I don't know. Maybe it's up to the person deleting it or reason for deleting it? Don't know. Pondering minds - haha :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Hi! I remember reading a thread/post about this some time ago. It said that your #'s can go down when a thread is deleted. Why they didn't this time I don't know. Maybe it's up to the person deleting it or reason for deleting it? Don't know. Pondering minds - haha :)

well, that's what i'm talkin' about. :p haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    haha.
    i think it happened, again!
    thread gone, one post in it, yet no change to count. it should change, it should go down, but it doesn't...always. why? freaky.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    haha.
    i think it happened, again!
    thread gone, one post in it, yet no change to count. it should change, it should go down, but it doesn't...always. why? freaky.
    There's now another post, same as the other posts! I'm thinking they must have the option to alter your #. Nothing else makes sense. The mods are going to be busy today! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    someone said your "deleted" thread was in the pjvault. Maybe some get deleted permanently so your count goes done and sone just get moved to the vault. I have no idea.
  • Options
    hmmmm. i think some serious house-keeping has gone on today. seems all rectified, and then some, to the point that i wonder...what threads may've been deleted, i'm guessing some oldies fell off the board. hahaha. i don't know why i find this stuff even remotely interesting, but i do. eh, weird.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    why ask why?

drink bud dry.

what do you mean they don't make it anymore?

what do you mean i lost thirty posts today?

why? why? why?
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    why ask why?

drink bud dry.

what do you mean they don't make it anymore?

what do you mean i lost thirty posts today?

why? why? why?

i just lost sixty more.......
  • Options
    I lost 109 today. What gives? I was at 5000 and now I have to do it all over again. :(
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    whoa, it's really going fast today/tonight. maybe i'll wake up tomorrow morning, and be all reset...start all new. :D hmmm....that sounds like fun. haha. guess the pit is getting a head start on their spring cleaning. ;) guess it's always good to clear away.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i hope they don't delete all posts with "go padres" in them....;)
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    i hope they don't delete all posts with "go padres" in them....;)

go padres

HUH
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...