Options

ack!!! ipod help please

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited July 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
ok.....*just* had my ipod and accessories delivered this evening...yay!!!
now, already the issues.

my husband already has his own ipod. how in the world do we get it to not automatically sync both our ipods, i don't see why we have to have the same music on our inidividual ipods....there must be a way to manage them separately, but on the same computer???

no where in the instructions is this addressed, on their website i can't find such info....and of course, their tech support phoneline is closed for the evening. anyone have a clue, do please post. we can't be the only couple with two ipods, one computer. hubby will call apple tomorrow, but if anyone has helpful tips, would be very much appreciated.

so basically what i want to know is how to have individual playlists, etc.....not autosync when you go on your itunes so that we don't have to have the same music on our individual ipods.

thanks.
:)

hubby and i have very similar musical tastes....but doesn't mean we both want the exact same music on our ipods. :p
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ok.....*just* had my ipod and accessories delivered this evening...yay!!!
    now, already the issues.

my husband already has his own ipod. how in the world do we get it to not automatically sync both our ipods, i don't see why we have to have the same music on our inidividual ipods....there must be a way to manage them separately, but on the same computer???

no where in the instructions is this addressed, on their website i can't find such info....and of course, their tech support phoneline is closed for the evening. anyone have a clue, do please post. we can't be the only couple with two ipods, one computer. hubby will call apple tomorrow, but if anyone has helpful tips, would be very much appreciated.

so basically what i want to know is how to have individual playlists, etc.....not autosync when you go on your itunes so that we don't have to have the same music on our individual ipods.

thanks.
    :)

hubby and i have very similar musical tastes....but doesn't mean we both want the exact same music on our ipods. :p

when you plug in your ipod, in the lower right hand corner of the itunes screen, will be a little ipod button, click there and choose the option to manually update your ipod so you will not automatically sync all the songs to your ipod. you can make as many playlists as you like and then just drag and drop onto your ipod.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    when you plug in your ipod, in the lower right hand corner of the itunes screen, will be a little ipod button, click there and choose the option to manually update your ipod so you will not automatically sync all the songs to your ipod. you can make as many playlists as you like and then just drag and drop onto your ipod.

thanks. :)
    i posted a thread over on the AET forum with this very question as well. others said the same, and also gave a good link with info. much appreciated. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    thanks. :)
    i posted a thread over on the AET forum with this very question as well. others said the same, and also gave a good link with info. much appreciated. :)

you're welcome :) also since your ipod has a different name, it remembers your settings so you and your husband can have different options for the ipod.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'