Options

Cd drive

Lukin639Lukin639 Posts: 72
edited May 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I have a Sony computer with DVD and CD writer drives. I tried to burn a CD today and the disk drive will not open. The DVD drive still opens though. I never had this problem before and I need some help. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!
p.s. I restarted the machine and that didn't do it. That is about as far as my computer knowledge will take me.:)
All above material copyrighted, 2013, Lukin639.
All rights reserved..most rights reserved...no rights reserved...,2013.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    There is a method involving a paperclip and the little hole in the CD drive. I don't want you to mess anything more up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    you probably tried this, but just in case

double click 'My Computer' find the drive the cd is in, right click on it and select eject
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    you probably tried this, but just in case

double click 'My Computer' find the drive the cd is in, right click on it and select eject

I just tried this and the disk drive isn't even listed there now. I only have the DVD drive and the 3 1/2 floppy drives listed. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

p.s. It worked for the DVD drive it did eject. I just can't burn any CDs now.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Lukin639 wrote:
    I just tried this and the disk drive isn't even listed there now. I only have the DVD drive and the 3 1/2 floppy drives listed. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

p.s. It worked for the DVD drive it did eject. I just can't burn any CDs now.

hmm it's odd that it's not recognized, especially after a restart, is the drive still listed under your device manager ?

ctrl panel
    > system (under performance & maintenance for category view)
    > hardware tab
    > device manager button

should be listed under dvd/cd-rom drives

if it's not listed there, i'd look into some servicing or a replacement drive
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    No it's not listed there. I guess I'd better try to dig a little deeper. Thanks for your help.