Options

iPod Question...

Hey guys, I have an iPod Mini and was thinking about buying the iTrip Mini was just wondering if they are any good and wether they are worth buying.
Any help would be great,
thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dcb1978dcb1978 Posts: 2
    i have a 15 gb ipod and also have an itrip. i looooove it!!! i used to have 80 million cds in my car, but now i just use the itrip. it's also really handy for when you're in a vehicle that doesn't have a cd player and all the radio stations suck (i'm always driving work vehicles,so it's really nice to have the itrip.)
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    i had an i trip and the sound quality SUCKED! so i just got an aux input for my cd player. one of the best things i ever bought. the days of cds are over.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I've got this thing: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1072287118476&type=product

and absolutely love it!
    I have a '98 Civic, and for anyone who's ever seen one with a factory installed CD player, you know how impossible it is to access the player. It's behind the cup holders, which means emptying them of cups every time you change a CD....
    But I digress. It's a pricey product, but the quality is fantastic, it keeps your iPod charged while you play it, and it has a few cool options on how to mount it.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    Does anyone know how it works on the Mazdas?
    I have a '03 Mazda Protege 5. Juts wonderin
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    q4444q4444 Posts: 7
    Hey guys, I have an iPod Mini and was thinking about buying the iTrip Mini was just wondering if they are any good and wether they are worth buying.
    Any help would be great,
    thanks

I have an ITrip for the Ipod Mini and it is fairly good. There are certain conditions which sometimes prevent it from being perfect, but it's better than changing CD's all day.
  • Options
    http://www.xtrememac.com/adapters/airplay.shtml

this was the one i was thinking about getting if i were to get an ipod.

is the only way you can connect the ipod to your car stereo is if the stereo has Aux jacks? I'm not sure if mine does....is there any other way to hook it up with a wire?... i'd much rather have cd quality sound than mess around with an FM transmitter.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    depending on your car you should be able to go to tweeter or best buy or someplace similar and get a line-in installed into your stereo so you can play the ipod without messing with an FM transmitter. i had an itrip and the sound quality wasnt too good, and it didnt work all the time. sometimes they work fine, sometimes they dont. try and get an actuall line in installed, i think it runs around $50 depending on car and installation factors.
  • Options
    efroten wrote:
    depending on your car you should be able to go to tweeter or best buy or someplace similar and get a line-in installed into your stereo so you can play the ipod without messing with an FM transmitter. i had an itrip and the sound quality wasnt too good, and it didnt work all the time. sometimes they work fine, sometimes they dont. try and get an actuall line in installed, i think it runs around $50 depending on car and installation factors.
    sweet, something i need to look into. I like the 50 dollar quote, not much more than an FM transmitter would be. Thanks for the help.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    dcb1978dcb1978 Posts: 2
    that sounds really cool. you guys are right, the sound quality from the itrip does kind of suck. what is this "line in" thing that you're talking about?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I'm still in the stone age. I have a Tape Adapter in my car. I hook it up to my iPod and it works fine.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I'm still in the stone age. I have a Tape Adapter in my car. I hook it up to my iPod and it works fine.

PBM
    yeah, it's odd that i wish i didn't have a cd player in my car so i could just go the tape deck route.

• Options
    I have a 40G Ipod, the I trip works good for me. The Itrip is an Fm modulator that runs on a FM station that you set it to. It is defaulted to 87.9 FM. The I-Trip comes with a CD that will allow you to make a change to a different FM station. I also tried that item someone listed that they purchased from Bestbuy. I liked the fact that you can set it to any station you wanted by just pressing a button on it, but it was too big and if you touch the actual unit while it is in your lighter adapter, it loses the signal. Plus if you have a cupholder right there forget about using it anymore. It does come with an attachment to extend the unit and move it so it is in a different location then right in front of the lighter plug.

Best bet is to get an audio cable if you have a place you can plug it on your radio/cd player, like an aux port, or get an Itrip. The ITrip is wireless and work great for me.
    8/26/98 Cleveland
    8/20/00 Cincinnati
    8/21/00 Columbus
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/25/03 Cleveland
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/24/03 Columbus
    6/25/03 Detroit
    6/26/03 Detroit
    7/12/03 Hershey
    9/28/04 Boston
    9/29/04 Boston
    10/2/04 Toledo
    9/19/05 Toronto
    5/20/06 Cleveland
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225

PBM

As someone else mentioned i wish i had a tape player to do this. You get great sound quality. Much better then a fm transmitter. I use the imonster cable. It is a little more expensive but i think it works a little better. monster usually makes good products.

I was unaware a line in would be so inexpensive. I will have to look into this option now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    dont get me started on monster cable
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225