Options

stolen threads

TrujeeperTrujeeper Posts: 58
edited December 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
you guys mentioned that people were trying to take over threads in the old AET (among other things)....

I created a thread and it was taken over....happens a lot to those of us not around here all of the time.

Plus, I have been abused by people on here...People on the Porch forum when I first found this place were very hateful to me....i LEFT FOR A LONG TIME.

I know this place is for everyone and a means that we may all touch base....since we all seem to love the same band, their music, causes, etc. Still, you have to know that not everyone is treated kindly, regardless of your rules and lock-outs and suggestions. Yeah, I get my feeling hurt pretty easily and I am 34.....imagine some nineteen year old kid going on a forum for the first time to have the conversation take a weird turn and leave their original topic behind all together....or worse, have someone tell them their thread is stupid or it should be moved or deleted.

You can't fix all of this.....just so you know......and understand that I know that. I've had my problems with you guys and I have probably been on the bad girl list a few times.....but I have always tried to be kind, when treated kindly or poorly. There is no magic fix.....

Maybe I just wish it could be better......a lot of us do. I have brought people here.....I have heard from them, they feel as I do. There seems to be a hierarchy here among posters.....those who have been here longer, posted more times, or are here more of the time...they seem to treat each other better than they do those who come around occassionally or haven't been here as long, or just don't post that often. Did you notice that? Just wondered if you see what we see....

Hope the guys get home safely...

Trujeeper
Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    I have been trashed on here a bunch of times too but don't let it get to you.
    Most of the time it's just because I speak against the almighty PJ. Just because someone has been here longer or has more posts doesn't mean shit,you should feel free to speak your mind and tell the haters to fuck off.

...and if someone tries to take over your thread,take that shit back like it was a bag of weed,and slap em in the mouth with it.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Bob Weir wrote:
    ...and if someone tries to take over your thread,take that shit back like it was a bag of weed,and slap em in the mouth with it.

You have such a way with words, that made me chuckle like a nutter!

And yes, I agree with every point Trujeeper made here. I don't think it's a post count thing, its a familiarity thing... people are happier in their little cliques I guess. It's hard for those of us who spend less time posting here to make any kind of impression, or be accepted on any level.

But ultimately I guess you do just have to laugh it off and find people whose company you're more at ease with.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • Options
    Yeah I really wouldn't worry about it too much. I find this happens a lot with official forums as opposed to fan run forums. I guess you have people that have been on the official forums for years and they do know each other pretty well. Just ride it out, is the best advice :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles