Options

DVD help... please

QballQball Posts: 283
edited August 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I am on my computer that I havent used for a year and thought I had a dvd player on it. I recently downloaded a dvd and now I cant watch it! WHere can I get a program (hopefully free) that will play dvd file on my computer? Is there such a thing? Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Qball wrote:
    I am on my computer that I havent used for a year and thought I had a dvd player on it. I recently downloaded a dvd and now I cant watch it! WHere can I get a program (hopefully free) that will play dvd file on my computer? Is there such a thing? Thanks

When you say DVD file, what exactly do you mean? What is the file's extension? The program you need will depend entirely on the type of file. If you "downloaded a dvd", you may have downloaded a disc image (.iso if you're on a PC), which, to the best of my knowledge, you will not be able to watch directly, without burning it to DVD first.
  • Options
    Try this:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/41787

I'm a Mac guy but I think Media Player plays DVD's also but I could be wrong.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."