Options

FLAC to MP3?

basqobasqo Posts: 25
edited December 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
How do you go about doing this? I downloaded the off ramp show from skyiscrape onto azureus, but now I can't play the songs. Help, please!!
Here's to hoping the next album is along the lines of No Code
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    ok get this program

riverpast audio converter , download that

and find a key :P
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    You can use Nero to burn your Flac files to an audio CD. Then rip the CD in to MP3 like you would any other CD.
  • Options
    basqo wrote:
    How do you go about doing this? I downloaded the off ramp show from skyiscrape onto azureus, but now I can't play the songs. Help, please!!

No no no no no no no no no!!!!!

Do NOT do this! Don't convert flac to mp3!

Download FLAC Frontend, and you can play flac files in winamp. If you want to burn the flac files to CD and listen to them on a stereo, download dBPowerAmp... this program will let you convert from flac to wav (or convert between mp3, flac, shn, wav.... all at the click of a button). Just go to http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ and download the program. From there, convert to wav. Wav can then be burned to a CD using any burning program (roxio, etc).

In general, you should not convert from FLAC to mp3, as it degrades the quality of the file. In fact, most people who supplied the original flac files will specifically request you don't convert to mp3.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    If you aren't going to trade it, I say convert it to a high quality bitrate mp3, as it will save you twice as much storage space in exchange for a drop in quality that is probably not even audible to you.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Okay, okay, okay.....we all get it.....FLAC, SHN, Wav...ANALOG....all better than MP3. Nobody is saying it isn't. Yes, it is true no one should trade MP3's of a recorded show that were dat recorded with a schoeps mic and that is disseminated as FLAC or SHN. That being said....and I think we all know it....some mother fuckers just want to put their music on their fucking ipod or MP3 player. Give it a rest. MP3's are not the devil. They have their place in the music world. Accept it.