What is going on

Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
edited October 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I am kind of testing here and wondering. I have tried to reply to a thread on the MT. I type it all out, push submit and my computer freezes. I can type out responses and posts everywhere else, like here, with no problem, but only that one thread freezes me up.
I always thought that when my computer freezes that it was MY computer and has nothing to do with the internet or site. I mean its a complete freeze, my mouse won't work or anything once I push submit???? Only that one thread too?????
Save room for dessert!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    that also happened to me earlier today
  • It's the government. ;)

Yes, that happens here too. Occasionally.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    it's happened to me and abook, also...(pssst she blamed my using dc++ for it, but as we can see...;) )

it seems to be when we quote someone...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • edeneden Posts: 407
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I am kind of testing here and wondering. I have tried to reply to a thread on the MT. I type it all out, push submit and my computer freezes. I can type out responses and posts everywhere else, like here, with no problem, but only that one thread freezes me up.
    I always thought that when my computer freezes that it was MY computer and has nothing to do with the internet or site. I mean its a complete freeze, my mouse won't work or anything once I push submit???? Only that one thread too?????

Its happened to me 3 or 4 times as well.
    It froze everything to the point that I needed to re-boot.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Yeah, it was when I quoted too! I finally stopped quoting. I also had to reboot every time.
    I am just glad its this site and not my computer!! :)
    Save room for dessert!
  • it is happening A LOT when i quote as well.

i think some code got botched some how.

i was thinking my home computer had some sort of general windows corruptions on it, or maybe explorer itself ...

however i am at work now and just had the same problem again ...

it freezes all explorer windows, which causes ALL of them to close when you end the offending process (because "close program" doesn't work, only "end process") ...

being at work, it also causes all of my Oracle windows to close.
    but who cares.
    it's only work.

:)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    glad to know it's not just me, thanks
    hmmmm......
    Nice shirt.
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    its happening again. it only happens to me on this site. otherwise my computers working just fine.
    it is still happening when i "quote" ???????????????????

ant tek people here to help?
  • Heatherj43 wrote:

the same happened to me.....i can't answer a pm a really want to answer....So Mel if you read this it's on the way!
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Same problem here...
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My computer is freezing when i quote too :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I'm having the same problem with quotes. It seems to happen more frequently when the quote is big or there is a lot of text in the reply.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,004
    JD Sal wrote:
    I'm having the same problem with quotes. It seems to happen more frequently when the quote is big or there is a lot of text in the reply.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

There are additional upgrades in the works and this issue will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sea wrote:
    There are additional upgrades in the works and this issue will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Thanks Sea for the update. I hope you had a great birthday weekend last weekend. Are there plans to upgrade to the newest vBull 3.5.0?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Sea wrote:

thanks for the update
    Nice shirt.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Sea wrote:

Thank you kindly for the update!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"