Options

Transferring Pictures

drinkingmercurydrinkingmercury Posts: 53
edited August 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I have a canon digital camera, and an i-book.

How do i get the video i've taken with my camera tranferred to the computer? each time i hook up the camera it only transfers the pictures, leaving the video on the camera.

Thanks!
East Troy Icebowl: October 2000
Council Bluffs, IA: June 2003
Las Vegas, NV: July 2006
Lollapalooza, Chicago: August 2007
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145

How do i get the video i've taken with my camera tranferred to the computer? each time i hook up the camera it only transfers the pictures, leaving the video on the camera.

Thanks!

I have a Cannon A610 and it transfers both...to my Toshiba LapTop. That's strange...because mine just transfers the video with the photos. Good Luck. Sorry I wasn't much help...but I thought I'd share and maybe bump your thread for you.
  • Options

Thanks!

What are you using to transfer the pictures? iPhoto? As far as I know, iPhoto will only transfer pictures, because that is all it deals with. Instead of iPhoto, try accessing your camera as if it's an attached disk drive. iPhoto will probably open automatically when you attach your camera. Just close it. On the desktop you should see an icon for your camera which would be "mounted" as a disk drive. Double click on that and you should be able to browse through all the files on your camera. Find the videos and copy and paste or drag and drop them to where you want them. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    What are you using to transfer the pictures? iPhoto? As far as I know, iPhoto will only transfer pictures, because that is all it deals with. Instead of iPhoto, try accessing your camera as if it's an attached disk drive. iPhoto will probably open automatically when you attach your camera. Just close it. On the desktop you should see an icon for your camera which would be "mounted" as a disk drive. Double click on that and you should be able to browse through all the files on your camera. Find the videos and copy and paste or drag and drop them to where you want them. Hope this helps.

Yes, I'm using iPhoto.

I'll give it a try.
    Thanks so much!
  • Options

well hell. that didn't work. my camera doesn't appear on my desktop when i close iPhoto.

any other ideas?
  • Options
    Apple added video support in iPhoto '06.
    If you have a earlier version you should still be able to see the disc of your camera in the finder window. Double click on the hard drive icon and if you don't see it try using Spotlight or Find and type the name of your camera.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."
  • Options
    wedgewedge Posts: 81
    Connect your camera.
    Quit iPhoto.
    Open your Hard Drive icon, open "Applications," open "Image Capture."
    Image Capture should see your Canon and allow it to pull any properly formatted video snapshots to your iBook.

You want to be running OS 10.3 or higher preferably.
  • Options
    wedge wrote:
    Connect your camera.
    Quit iPhoto.
    Open your Hard Drive icon, open "Applications," open "Image Capture."
    Image Capture should see your Canon and allow it to pull any properly formatted video snapshots to your iBook.

You want to be running OS 10.3 or higher preferably.

That worked perfect!

Thank you so much!!!!

K