Options

Pearl Jam vs Ames has arrived...

MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Thanks ten club for using the DHL service I thought was a waste ;) Got my regular edition today. All I have to say is that this is a must have for any Pearl Jam fan, wether you collect posters or not. It has wonderful insite into alot of different shows and prints from everyone in the band, Ames and Klausen.

Well done...
10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Happy days!!

Can't wait to get mine in 6- 8 weeks!!

You'll be sick of yours by then!!

Is there much comments/ writing in the book??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    For a guy that loves to post pictures of his work, you sure forgot something!

;)
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    wow XMAS SINGLES and POSTER BOOKS!! it REALLY is christmas!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Redlegs wrote:
    For a guy that loves to post pictures of his work, you sure forgot something!

;)

Just for you :p

http://picture.vzw.com/mi/228774555_765408221_0.jpeg?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    DHL
    Well what do you know.
    That explains the shipping cost. Or at least part of it.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    Thanks ten club for using the DHL service I thought was a waste ;) Got my regular edition today. All I have to say is that this is a must have for any Pearl Jam fan, wether you collect posters or not. It has wonderful insite into alot of different shows and prints from everyone in the band, Ames and Klausen.

Well done...

I ordered the special edition from Ames hope I see it sooner rather than later :)

Hey MF check you PM's I sent you a message ;) edit I sent it about a week ago so if you don't got it let me know
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    KDH12 wrote:
    I ordered the special edition from Ames hope I see it sooner rather than later :)

I'm guessing later rather than sooner. I don't think those ship for another 2 - 3 weeks based on posts in another thread.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    cant wait!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    phillyfan wrote:
    cant wait!!

Same here! :)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    jeffbr wrote:
    I'm guessing later rather than sooner. I don't think those ship for another 2 - 3 weeks based on posts in another thread.

Dammit...I ordered the special edition from Ames also.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

I also bought the Special Edition from Ames. The Regular Edition I purchased over at 10club for a friends Christmas gift. We both live in Canada. Who will receive thy books first?
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The fact that DHL was used gives me some hope for actually getting the book some time soon in Canada ...

That's true. I bought a few items from amazon.com & this other site I bought some TY DVDr disc's from the US, and they came in faster with DHL. Hope this works with 10club.
  • Options
    Thanks ten club for using the DHL service I thought was a waste ;)

LOL, damn. My copy still hasn't arrived. It was shipped out on 12/17/07 from Seattle, about 15 miles from my house. 4 days later the status on DHLs website says that it is sitting in Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH. Instead of getting on a local truck and being delivered days ago, it is sitting in some goddam shipping center 2,500 miles away. Who knows when it will get put on another truck for the 2,500 mile return trip. After that it will probably sit in some DHL warehouse in Seattle for a few days, before it shows up here.

DHL sucks ass. :mad:
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    LOL, damn. My copy still hasn't arrived. It was shipped out on 12/17/07 from Seattle, about 15 miles from my house. 4 days later the status on DHLs website says that it is sitting in Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH. Instead of getting on a local truck and being delivered days ago, it is sitting in some goddam shipping center 2,500 miles away. Who knows when it will get put on another truck for the 2,500 mile return trip. After that it will probably sit in some DHL warehouse in Seattle for a few days, before it shows up here.

Oh man that really sucks :(
    Mine is sitting in Orlando.. it was in Wilmington up 'til this morning and they drove it to FL today, hopefully it will be here on Wednesday at the latest... and it will be the same anxious wait for the limited edition :S

I hope you get yours soon...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

I ordered the Ltd edition through the 10C but I dont think it makes a difference though, if Ames doesnt have the Limited Edition yet, I'm sure the 10C doesnt either, I'm sure they will both ship it around the same time...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I hope you get yours soon...

Thanks! I'm sure it will get here at some point. But that DHL shipping email was a tease. :) Sounds like yours is heading your way, so you'll have it any day now.
  • Options
    The book is really nice . . . I hope everyone receives their's soon! It sounds like some went out on the 17th and mine went out on the 18th.

My DHL tracking info:

Date and time_________Status________________DHL Facility Location
    12/20/2007_10:05 am__Final Delivery Confirmed_Tacoma, WA
    12/19/2007_12:50 pm__Arrived at USPS_________Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_11:58 am__With delivery courier_____Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_07:20 am__Arrived at DHL facility____Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_01:11 am__Depart Facility__________Chehalis Reg Hub, WA
    12/18/2007_02:36 pm__Shipment picked up______Seattle, WA
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    marker2727 wrote:
    The book is really nice . . . I hope everyone receives their's soon! It sounds like some went out on the 17th and mine went out on the 18th.

My DHL tracking info:

Date and time_________Status________________DHL Facility Location
    12/20/2007_10:05 am__Final Delivery Confirmed_Tacoma, WA
    12/19/2007_12:50 pm__Arrived at USPS_________Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_11:58 am__With delivery courier_____Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_07:20 am__Arrived at DHL facility____Fife, WA
    12/19/2007_01:11 am__Depart Facility__________Chehalis Reg Hub, WA
    12/18/2007_02:36 pm__Shipment picked up______Seattle, WA

Seattle to Chehalis (right on past Tacoma), back up to Tacoma doesn't make a lot of sense. But I guess it makes a lot more sense than sending it on a 5,000 mile round trip to Bumfuck, OH and back. :)

Glad you got yours.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

Waaaaa. Your life must be so terrible right now. :*** (
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Seattle to Chehalis (right on past Tacoma), back up to Tacoma doesn't make a lot of sense. But I guess it makes a lot more sense than sending it on a 5,000 mile round trip to Bumfuck, OH and back. :)

Glad you got yours.
    I know . . . it all seems pretty crazy how these shipping companies (Fedex, DHL, etc.) work. I think a lot of Fedex stuff goes to a hub and is then disbursed out. I sure don’t understand why they didn’t send yours to Chehalis and then back up to Seattle instead of Ohio?

The Grinch must have been involved :-)
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Anyone else order more than one copy of the regular edition book and only recieve one copy?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Waaaaa. Your life must be so terrible right now. :*** (

Nope. Actually if you had any sense, you'd be able to see that my life is pretty damned good if this is all I have to bitch about. Merry Christmas to you.
  • Options
    My DHL tracking says its at USPS, does the post office deliver this? I was expecting a DHL truck to show up today but maybe I'll have to wait until the mail shows up on monday.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    bump
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.