new box set set for 2-12-08

Comments

• InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    JamilyMan wrote:
    Kat: Dammit Sea, operation singles has been leaked!

Sea: You mean....

Kat: YES! Those stalke... I mean fanatics were able to find some obscure reference to the new Singles project!

Sea: We knew this day would come. We just didn't expect it this early!

Santos: I told you guys that throwing a Green Hoodie at the men would not be enough to throw them off the trail!

Kat: You are right. I expected them to be doing their holiday shopping and not scouring the net the way only they are capable of. Hmmm... Do you think we should?!?

Santos: Do we have any other choice?

Sea: No! Now the only question is, do we put more towels up... or do we go with the Koozie???

Kat: Let's not lose ourselves here, gang. I am not ready to play the Koozie Trump Card just yet. Santos, you put up another 50 towels, I will send out a Little Birdie announcement, and Sea, you run some interference with the Deep contest.

Sea: That's perfect! That should buy us a couple more days to put together something about the aforementioned Operation Singles.

Santos: Sounds like a plan! Let's rock and roll!

Kat: Tweet Tweet

hahahaha
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    In most cases, when an artist leaves a label, the label is allowed to release a greatest hits album, as well as 1 additional product of rarities, unreleased songs, etc.

They often do this without the band's input....that may be why there has been lack of info from the band.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964
    pjlover459 wrote:
    really? they have only bought out 1 album since the greatest hits, do we really need a box set of the singles?!? i may still get it, but i want a new album
    I agree
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    Well, I never got around to getting many of those singles (Oceans, Go, Even Flow, etc.) so it'll be nice to be able to get all the B-sides contained on them all at once.

Hello, CD copy of Alone!
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    bone wrote:
    It's probably just a cash grab done by the record company like Radiohead's Box Set. I doubt there is anything we don't already have on there. That's likely why Pearl Jam wouldn't be advertising it.

Ironic considering that there's a Jeff Buckley album coming out the same day.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    whatever IT is I cant wait! a.)it's something to look forward to b.) I love collecting PJ stuff!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Danny Clinch talks about their being more to the story when asked about no B sides for the new album..leaves it open as a possability ..ya never know

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=2327
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    AndySlash wrote:
    Well, I never got around to getting many of those singles (Oceans, Go, Even Flow, etc.) so it'll be nice to be able to get all the B-sides contained on them all at once.

Hello, CD copy of Alone!

Isn't Alone on Lost Dogs?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    Isn't Alone on Lost Dogs?

completely different version. The LD version was recorded for 10 w/ Dave K. on drums and then reworked vocally in 2003. The single version (and a far better version it is) was recorded during the Vs. sessions w/ Dave A. on drums.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

• it does kinda sound like avocado b sides, it least i hope.

The problem is with the label.

Legacy is a division of Sony that ONLY releases greatest hits or live collections that were recorded during that artists' time with them.

I can GUARANTEE beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is exactly what most suspect it is. A boxed version of their singles up through Riot Act and absolutely no "Avocado" tracks whatsoever.

Same reason they're releasing another live Jeff Buckley disc the same day.

It's all about cashing in.
    I can GUARANTEE beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is exactly what most suspect it is. A boxed version of their singles up through Riot Act and absolutely no "Avocado" tracks whatsoever.

They might throw us a bone or two (maybe tacking I've Got a Feeling onto the Alive single) but I imagine it'll be like Jeff Buckley's Grace EPs boxset. A nice collection for those that don't have it, but otherwise pretty worthless.
    —Dorothy Parker

• Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    JamilyMan wrote:

Kat: YES! Those stalke... I mean fanatics were able to find some obscure reference to the new Singles project!

Santos: I told you guys that throwing a Green Hoodie at the men would not be enough to throw them off the trail!

Kat: You are right. I expected them to be doing their holiday shopping and not scouring the net the way only they are capable of. Hmmm... Do you think we should?!?

Sea: No! Now the only question is, do we put more towels up... or do we go with the Koozie???

Kat: Let's not lose ourselves here, gang. I am not ready to play the Koozie Trump Card just yet. Santos, you put up another 50 towels, I will send out a Little Birdie announcement, and Sea, you run some interference with the Deep contest.

Sea: That's perfect! That should buy us a couple more days to put together something about the aforementioned Operation Singles.

EGG-SACK-LEE!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • bonebone Posts: 492
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    In most cases, when an artist leaves a label, the label is allowed to release a greatest hits album, as well as 1 additional product of rarities, unreleased songs, etc.

They often do this without the band's input....that may be why there has been lack of info from the band.

What was Lost Dogs and Rearviewmirror then?
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    bone wrote:
    What was Lost Dogs and Rearviewmirror then?

good point.....both were released after Binaural, so I wonder if those were released with the bands blessing before they opted out of their deal?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    Blind3 wrote:
    More proof of a record company sucking all the marrow it possibly can from an artist .

Howsabout we just wait and see what this is before we thumb our collective noses at The Man. Not that anyone would jump the gun around here...I'm just sayin'.
  • FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Personally I welcome the release with some excitement, any PJ release is something well worth looking forward to.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    JamilyMan wrote:

Hahaha that's classic :D

hopefully the mods read it with a smile :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    you gonna get it?

personally i'd prefer that the set was vinyl's. i've got all the cd singles so it's a bit of a conundrum for a pj-geek collector such as myself
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    you gonna get it?

personally i'd prefer that the set was vinyl's. i've got all the cd singles so it's a bit of a conundrum for a pj-geek collector such as myself
    More than likely if it is a singles collection I will get it. I don't have any singles except Man Of The Hour. It will be expensive though.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    you gonna get it?

A boxset of singles on 45s would be clutch..........
    Throw Your Hatred Down
    A boxset of singles on 45s would be clutch..........
    if clutch means good, then yes ;)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    interesting, hopefully b sides as well!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    good point.....both were released after Binaural, so I wonder if those were released with the bands blessing before they opted out of their deal?

Both were in their contract, IIRC.
  • Hopefully this isn't something to keep us busy so they can take a longer break.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    JamilyMan wrote:

Thats one of the funniest things I've read in a while :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    JamilyMan wrote:

ROFL

your post even made it's way to the RM board!

and I'm absolutely not one inch excited about this news becasue it's just going to be be some stupid compilation with nothing new as many have pointed.
    hell, I don't even own RVM so I'm sure not going to bother with this.
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    Hahaha that's classic :D

hopefully the mods read it with a smile :)

Let's hope so! It was clearly meant in fun!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    godpt3 wrote:
    completely different version. The LD version was recorded for 10 w/ Dave K. on drums and then reworked vocally in 2003. The single version (and a far better version it is) was recorded during the Vs. sessions w/ Dave A. on drums.

Single version is horrible, Lost Dogs version is a million times better.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    I think you're in the minority on that one, buddy.
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    itsevobaby wrote:
    you gonna get it?

Dunno. Depends on price and if the box is pretty :D