Options

free Anti virus software

Eddie_Vedder_83Eddie_Vedder_83 Posts: 281
edited June 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
does anyone know where i can get the best anti virus and anti spam software for a low CPU system. i've kinda lost touch with the computer world and need to be "updated". also because my computer is infested.....

thanks!!
~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Ive got AVG free edition installed in my computer ,it seems to be doing a good job.
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'll post a second vote for AVG. It's a good program.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I only have a 20GB hard drive with 127 RAM, and I've tried a few free anti-virus programs to conclude that Avast is the best out there. AVG is good too, but it's sometimes a bit buggy.

http://www.download.com/sort/3150-2239_4-0-1-3.html?
  • Options
    thanks everyone! that was actually the one i had installed just before i posted this post, but since i had never heard of it before i posted this thread. so far it works great, and it doesn't slow down any applications where as McAfee and Norton and such slow everything down awfully.

anyways, thanks again!
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~