Options

Windows XP 'safe mode' HELP!

not4unot4u Posts: 512
edited December 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
does anyone know how to get into safe mode?? F8 doesn't work for me?? thanks.
we don't want war, but we still want more?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    not4u wrote:
    try hitting say F5 through F12 apon booting. If that doesn't work try F1 through F4 the next time. Just keep hitting all the keys, its bound to prompt you to the "safe mode" option..
  • Options
    depending on your motherboard it can be put into safe mode by pressing "DEL"
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Safe Mode is F8.

The DEL or F10 or F12 and all those other combination are mainly all for BIOS...not Safe Mode....and those change from motherboard to motherboard.
  • Options
    Animal is right, safe mode has always been F8.

on your keyboard, check if there is an F LOCK key on it. It should be to the right of the F12 key. Hit that, then start hitting F8
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    not4u wrote:

press it harder and faster?
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    yeah on some pc's that screen flashes by in a jiffy

start tappin' f8 as soon as it starts powerin back up
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    ...i think it is more simple: switch to MAC dude!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    not4u wrote:
    If you can't seem to hit it fast enough for F8 to work...there is another way.

Start Menu-->Run-->type: msconfig and hit enter-->Clik on the BOOT.INI tab-->check the box next to "/SAFEBOOT" under the Boot Options section-->Reboot and you will be in Safe Mode. After you are done tinkering around in Safe Mode and you are ready to reboot back to Normal Boot....you have to do that again while n Safe Mode and uncheck the "/SAFEBOOT" option then reboot again.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    thanks for the help guys..
    we don't want war, but we still want more?