Options

A Question about burning discs

spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
edited January 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Why can't I seem to be able to burn a "live" disc with my new DELL computer, using Disc At Once settings that don't automatically insert a second or so of silence in between tracks?
It really ruins a live recording to hear that pause between tracks...
Any tips?
I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    get a program called Nero, probably the best burning software, can burn anything and any settings you want including, getting rid of that 3 seciond thing, lol unlucky you got a DELL pc ! lol

yeh so get Nero or something
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Thanks for that...I'll check it out...DELL seemed like the right way to go at the time...oh well, live and learn I guess.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    yeh lol, dell etc dont really know what they are doing. claim its a gaming pc with a fast processsor but a shit graphics card and RAM,etc same with other companies, they just persuade you its good.

i just bought the parts and put them together, its ever so easy
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    i concur.....Nero Burn is my favorite burning software too.
  • Options
    i cant think of anything you cant do with it.

oh i know

burn SHNs to a cd lol

but just get a converter lol to wav or mp3 or whatever
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Dell has good customer service (after moving their call center out of India), but I haven't really used one though.

Common "rule" about computers -- Each person you'd talk to will have had a problem with just about every type of computer. There's brands of computers I wouldn't touch (HP for example), but i'm sure there's someone on this forum that loves HP. I'd love to have a Mac as my next computer (security, stability), but i'm sure there's someone out there who hates Macs though.

I have heard excllent things about Nero though.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"