Options

Did Bonnaroo Spoil Me?

adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I'm a longtime fan who just got home from his first Pearl Jam show...at Bonnaroo. It was absolutely amazing. My brother who is not really a fan at all (he said he couldn't wait to hear Daughter on the way in) said it was the best show he's ever been too. I thought the same thing. The question I now have is how can future shows live up to this one? I'm glad my first PJ concert ended up with such an epic performance but I will have to wait and see if the band can ever top that. I really need them to come to my area so I can catch them again. I know it's a long shot but what are the chances they play Bonnaroo ever again? Next year? One can dream, right?

BTW, I got the Bonnaroo poster, the PJ poster and the red t-shirt with the poster design on it. Pretty pumped about that.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    my girlfriend is in the same boat. her first show was gorge 05! every show gets better!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Amazing show for your first one; remember all PJ shows have something special
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    I was there for my 26th show (great rarities) but a couple neighbors told me they were disappointed at the "lack of old stuff" as first timers. :0)
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    i went with a girl who only really knew Black and Betterman. I was so glad she got to see them play it. but she really loved it all.

She has been converted.
  • Options
    my girlfriend is in the same boat. her first show was gorge 05! every show gets better!
    dude i don't know about that. gorge 05 is one of my favorite shows. and i wasn't even there. your gf might not want to go to any more shows. lucky girl.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08