My speakers won't work!!! Help me...

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited October 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I've tried a different set of speakers and they won't work either. I've made sure I didn't have the sound on mute also. They were working last night so something has messed up and I have no clue what. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

***********Ok, my friend just came by and fixed it for me.**************
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Excellent, becasue I was going to suggest that you have a friend come by and fix it for you. :p
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    lol, good advice!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • I have the exact same problem. My computer is relatively new, about 4 months. Maybe its a bug going around? Anyway, i spent forever trying to figure out what was going on. I called dell and they did some tests and apparently my speakers just stopped working and dell had no explanation for it. Thank God its under warrenty still. I'm going to have them replaced by some technician, now that I think of it was supposed to call me today. So now i'm going to have to bitch at Dell on monday again. Here's some advice i'm going to take as well as give

BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you find a way to fix urs, let me know!
    Nothing can stop me now 'cause i just don't care anymore.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    you may just need a 'driver' for your soundcard

if dell or your pc manufacturer included an 'application & support disc' i would suggest inserting it in the pc

open control panel ----> system icon
    > hardware tab ----> device manager button

now you should see a list of all devices should be under 'sound and controllers' expand that section, right-click on your soundcard (probly 'realtek') select 'update driver' when goin thru select from specific location and select cd-rom, it should try to update the driver automatically from the disc, hope this helps
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06