are you computer savy?

PorchPorch Posts: 539
edited October 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
i know this isnt political or a current event..but i cant figure out where to put it and i really want to know and there is a good amount of traffic in here... anyway... you know how sometimes when you type in boxes on your computer some of the information pops up in a little box because you have typed it before and you can just click on it and it pops in the box automatically... well how do you delete those "pre-entries" ? it does it when i go to google as well...there must be a list of 100's of things...everything i have ever typed in the google search box... i find it really annoying and cant figure out what it is called or where it is stored on my computer or how to get rid of it..i have tried highlighting the items and pressing the delete button, it doesnt work, anyone know anything about this?
sometimes you're the boxer...sometimes you're the bag...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• johnwisjohnwis Posts: 11
    Go to Tools, click on Internet Option, click on Content,
    click on Autocomplete, uncheck Forms

That should work for IE, it worked on my computer
    "The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
    - J.F.K

"If you're not scared, I'm not doing my job."
    - Stephen Colbert
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    or if you wanna keep that function just get to a box where it pops up,highlight and delete
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Porch wrote:
    i know this isnt political or a current event..but i cant figure out where to put it and i really want to know and there is a good amount of traffic in here... anyway... you know how sometimes when you type in boxes on your computer some of the information pops up in a little box because you have typed it before and you can just click on it and it pops in the box automatically... well how do you delete those "pre-entries" ? it does it when i go to google as well...there must be a list of 100's of things...everything i have ever typed in the google search box... i find it really annoying and cant figure out what it is called or where it is stored on my computer or how to get rid of it..i have tried highlighting the items and pressing the delete button, it doesnt work, anyone know anything about this?

i just had to comment...

i can't believe you have over 2000 something posts.

it feels lumpy in here.
  • PorchPorch Posts: 539
    i just had to comment...

i can't believe you have over 2000 something posts.

it feels lumpy in here.

I don't get it....
    johnwis wrote:
    Go to Tools, click on Internet Option, click on Content,
    click on Autocomplete, uncheck Forms

That should work for IE, it worked on my computer

thank you! it worked! :)
  • Porch wrote:
    I don't get it....

i don't either. your post confused me. glad you got it worked out..
    i don't either. your post confused me. glad you got it worked out..

well i guess we are even because your post confused me... you had nothing to say in reguard to my question, yet you felt compelled to make a smart ass comment...why post in the thread at all?
  • Porch wrote:
    well i guess we are even because your post confused me... you had nothing to say in reguard to my question, yet you felt compelled to make a smart ass comment...why post in the thread at all?

it shouldn't have been in AMT...that's all.