mitch hedberg

catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
edited September 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
new album out tuesday!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/arts/music/04hedb.html

such a sad loss. this article is excellent. i'm happy they decided to get this out. all flubs aside, he's better than 95% of what passes for comedy these days.
and like that... he's gone.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dude was fuckin' hilarious. I really can't think of any comedian that has made me laugh until I hurt other than him...maybe Chris Rock, but Hedberg was great
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • awesome, thanks for the heads-up on this! i still have some itunes $ left over on a gift card, now i know what i'll use it on :)
  • I never heard of this. Thanks for the heads up! I'm buying it!!!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Mitch was such a great performer. Got a chance to see him in '02 and sat and talked with Lynn after the show...such a nice woman.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • one of my favorite comedians.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i've seen that several times, brilliant performance :) i remember very vividly the first time i saw him on comedy central.
  • This is so exciting:)
    I loved mitch!
    No one can make me laugh like he did!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I might have to get this. One of the funniest guys I've ever seen (on TV). Too bad he had to go.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Nice, I'll be picking that up.

I was fortunate to have seen him once.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    bump.

mitch's new (and last?) album is released today. go grab it, he was an amazing talent and if he doesn't have you in hysterics then you have no sense of humor.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Downloaded this a couple of hours ago. Time to listen :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • thanks for the heads up!

love him!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • BinFrog wrote:
    Nice, I'll be picking that up.

I was fortunate to have seen him once.
    Me Too. Yuk' Yuk's in Toronto

He played 45 minutes and the whole time he had a guy playing one of those Stand Up Base (Like Jeff plays on Indifference) behind him.

I had never heard of him at that point.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Me Too. Yuk' Yuk's in Toronto

He played 45 minutes and the whole time he had a guy playing one of those Stand Up Base (Like Jeff plays on Indifference) behind him.

I had never heard of him at that point.

"Don't f**k up the bass tonight, Chuck"
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I watched Mitch All Together for the first time on Saturday. I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing too hard.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I watched Mitch All Together for the first time on Saturday. I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing too hard.

that performance is classic!

i like the new cd... it felt like getting reacquainted with an old friend. it's pretty clear the material is something of a work in progress and there are some misses and undeveloped ideas, but even mitch doing that is better than most at their best. it also gives a look at another side to him, as he banters with the crowd a bit and deals with obnoxious hecklers. it kinda reinforces the loss... his first 2 cd's were amazing, and while this one is not quite as good, it shows that he was only improving with age as he became more poised and confident in what he did.
  • Did he have stage fright? When we saw him...even with glasses on...he rarely opened his eyes.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Did he have stage fright? When we saw him...even with glasses on...he rarely opened his eyes.

PBM

i heard he had serious problems with stage fright, especially when he first got started. i've heard stories of him occasionally hiding behind curtains for poritons of his act. his first tv appearance, he almost never looked up, kept his eyes on the stage floor, hidden by his shades.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    That new CD is AWESOME!! I was laughing so hard in the car the other day. "Canal Smarts"... fucking genius!!:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA