Options

so, my dog is in doggie intensive care.

2»

Comments

• Options
    the wolf wrote:
    first my GF and myself and of course our big Zillah monster would like to thank all for the good vibes. it seems to be working !!!

the big goof is home and laying at my feet as i type !! :D he has a really bad head tilt to the left right now, and is kinda shakey at times, but that didnt stop him from finding his ball and bringing it to me within minutes of walking in the door !!!

as of now they expect him to recover. they did throw it out there that if he is not showing lots of progress within 14 days that he needs a MRI and CT scan because he may have a lesion on the brain and that could be causing his problems. but thats just if he is not showing signs of improvement.

i dont think the lesion deal makes a ton of sense though. from what i have read, if that were the case, he would have been showing signs b4 the stroke like symptoms. and they just came out of nowhere which makes it sound more like the "old dog" Vestibular syndrome.

the only other problems was that his sodium levels were really high, but are back to near normal, and when they checked his liver value one of the numbers were twice what they should be. so that needs to be checked in two weeks no matter what. they said that could be caused by a number of things. ( that has me scared )

as of right now, i am very hopeful of a full or near full recovery. the head tilt thing is really hard to get used to, he just looks so silly. :p but he is a big silly dog anyway!!! so its kinda fitting :D

im just happy as a pig in shit that he is home where he belongs.

thanks again to all of you. it really made me feel good.
    i'll go now b4 i get all sappy and shit.

thanks.

oh, someone asked his breed and age. he is a black lab, and just turned 12 in oct. he is getting up there, but still has all kinds of puppy in him :D
    Glad he's home with you now:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"