time travel

the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
if you could where would you go? future, past. how far? if the past, would you try to change anything?

im bored.
Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
to not question your government is unpatriotic."
-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    the wolf wrote:
    if you could where would you go? future, past. how far? if the past, would you try to change anything?

im bored.

i would go way into the future..

you know what i was wondering... do you think that humans will ever live to be 200 years old? i mean with the advances in medicine, and barring any catastrophic events, it could be possible. and i'm not talking about living in a retirement home for your entire 100's... but rather you would look like you were 50 when you were really 100 and so forth
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'd go to sleep.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Trailer wrote:
    i would go way into the future..

you know what i was wondering... do you think that humans will ever live to be 200 years old? i mean with the advances in medicine, and barring any catastrophic events, it could be possible. and i'm not talking about living in a retirement home for your entire 100's... but rather you would look like you were 50 when you were really 100 and so forth

i think its possible, i mean 2000 years ago a mans lifespan was about 35 years it think or some shit like that. so do the math, and it could happen, we are just a ways from it.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Yep! I'd go back to December 8 2006 and make sure I wasn't at home that day so I could obliterate someone from my life before they wormed their way in with their lies and bullshit.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    the wolf wrote:
    i think its possible, i mean 2000 years ago a mans lifespan was about 35 years it think or some shit like that. so do the math, and it could happen, we are just a ways from it.
    Earth and its people won't be around in the next millennium. Hell, we might not even make it into the next century(2100). Too much pollution and we'll most likely run out of resources to even survive.

We all know who to blame for that. ;)
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Id go hang out on the grassy knoll with a video camera.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    2pm thursday 28th february 2008. breezy point, NY.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    2pm thursday 28th february 2008. breezy point, NY.

im intrigued, good, bad? would you change something?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    im intrigued, good, bad? would you change something?

bad. this time i would choose to stay. then it would be good. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    I don't remember exactly what date it was, but it was sometime in august 1993.

I was a wild-eyed teenager working at a snack shop at the beach. The snack shop was owned by these guys who were twins who were also in a heavy metal garage band. I'll get to that part later.

Craziest swell I've ever seen in my entire life came to town that day. 4-6 perfect barrels...yes perfect barrels that spat 2-3 times consistently. Crystal clear water.

Ask anyone who surfs in cali and they will tell you it is complete bullshit...never happened. They will acknowledge that cali gets barreling surf maybe once or twice a year at best, but consistent 4-6 ft. barrels that actually spit up to three times? Never. Noway. Doesn't happen.

But, I saw it with my own eyes, and it was at a break that usually has the shittiest surf in socal. I lived in that neighborhood for years and all I ever saw was suck and dump walled out surf all year round.

The surf was so unbelievably good that my bosses, the heavy metal twins, said, "Take as long a break as you need." So I grabbed my bodyboard (aka sponge) and fins...and actually had one of the shittiest sessions I've ever had for reasons I will not get into.

Anyhow...that night the twins were playing a gig at some house party in solana beach and they took my friend and me along with. Crazy party...but it got broken up after a couple of hours. There was a guy with a bong sitting behind a window and he was handing out free bong loads. There was a line all the way around the house.

Back to the swell...yes, perfect 4-6 ft. barrels spitting up to 3 times consistently. True fucking story. Can't remember the date.

im sorry. : (
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    im sorry. : (

oh its cool. ill be back there. tis just the wish was for me not to have to leave in the first place. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • If time travel was possible we would already know about, it as people would be visiting us already from the future all along any given points in our history.

Also technology would be advancing much, much faster, and strange unexplainable events would be occurring with gambling, predictions, lotteries etc...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    If time travel was possible we would already know about, it as people would be visiting us already from the future all along any given points in our history.

Also technology would be advancing much, much faster, and strange unexplainable events would be occurring with gambling, predictions, lotteries etc...

I have to disagree with you on that one. There would be laws ensuring that the space-time-continuum is not altered or tampered with.
    If time travel was possible we would already know about, it as people would be visiting us already from the future all along any given points in our history.

okay? i didnt ask if you thought it was possible, i asked if it were in fact possible , would you give it a go, and where?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    sponger wrote:
    I have to disagree with you on that one. There would be laws ensuring that the space-time-continuum is not altered or tampered with.
    And we know no one breaks laws.

i have the something like that.

for me it would be

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

i would not have worked late, and made it to the hospital like i promised my dad that i would, so that we could talk about the Cincy, Bengals pre season game that took place the night b4.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Nevermind wrote:
    And we know no one breaks laws.

By the time science progresses to the point where time travel is possible, it is more than likely that the government would have at some point implemented a mind-control system that works.
    the wolf wrote:
    i have the something like that.

for me it would be

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

i would not have worked late, and made it to the hospital like i promised my dad that i would, so that we could talk about the Cincy, Bengals pre season game that took place the night b4.

My birthday! :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    My birthday! :(

well, the only reason that day is bad , is because i didnt go. and i beat the shit outta myself for it on a pretty regular basis.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    well, the only reason that day is bad , is because i didnt go. and i beat the shit outta myself for it on a pretty regular basis.

Well it's normally a shitty day for me but I've always figured that it wasn't a bad day for everyone. Not nice to hear it's etched in your memory as a bad day too.

Perhaps if I had a time machine, I'd go back then drag you to the hospital, and then out for some drinking and Roy Rogers or something and we'd both have better memories of it? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well it's normally a shitty day for me but I've always figured that it wasn't a bad day for everyone. Not nice to hear it's etched in your memory as a bad day too.

Perhaps if I had a time machine, I'd go back then drag you to the hospital, and then out for some drinking and Roy Rogers or something and we'd both have better memories of it? :)

i think that would be nice.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    i think that would be nice.

me too! :)

Actually that's what I'd use a time machine for the most I think.

Getting rid of past regrets, sad times and replacing them with good memories and good times. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    me too! :)

Actually that's what I'd use a time machine for the most I think.

Getting rid of past regrets, sad times and replacing them with good memories and good times. :)

the problem with that is, you would change so much more of what would have been the future.

you know whats really crawling up my ass, is that life can be so fucked up that this question even popped in my head.

i know im whinning. but today, well, yesterday was just bad.

there was a huge shit sandwhich on the menu, and even though i wasnt hungry, i was forced to take a big ol' bite, and then go back for seconds.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • sponger wrote:

Impossible scenario...

The model would not hold up. Greed would tear it all apart. Someone would use the machine to go back so they could have their own time machine devoid of laws, and the whole situation would become a catastrophe...

even bringing back bacteria on ones skin or from a drop of sweat, flake of skin etc.. could cause anarchy...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    brain of c wrote:
    i'd go to sleep.

good becuz its LATE where you are! ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    the wolf wrote:
    yesterday was just bad.

there was a huge shit sandwhich on the menu, and even though i wasnt hungry, i was forced to take a big ol' bite, and then go back for seconds.

i LOVE how you worded that! :D my day was like that on wednesday. to answer your question, i wouldnt change anything in the past. Everything happens for a reason. Even death. but i would LOVE to go back to the night FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE and be there in the audience!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    the wolf wrote:
    the problem with that is, you would change so much more of what would have been the future.

you know whats really crawling up my ass, is that life can be so fucked up that this question even popped in my head.

i know im whinning. but today, well, yesterday was just bad.

Yes, possibly it would change the future, but maybe for the better? :)

But I know why you've thought of it and I have to say it's a really soothing idea, one that is appealing to me greatly. :) It's nice somehow to think that you could reverse things, make them better, do things differently and somehow come out better off.

Sometimes life throws you lemons and more lemons and who's got the fucking energy to make goddam lemonade?? You're just sitting there surrounded by bitter little lemons and somehow you got to swallow the fuckers and more keep coming. Life, yeah, life is a huge shit sandwhich and sometimes it completely ruins your appetite for other things. Don't think you're whingeing, just think you've been dished out more than you can cope with. It sucks and I'm sorry. I do know that you're not alone. :) For all the good that does you. :o

Yeah, I'm getting into that goddam time machine and I've got some cleaning up to do for a lot of us. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Impossible scenario...

The model would not hold up. Greed would tear it all apart. Someone would use the machine to go back so they could have their own time machine devoid of laws, and the whole situation would become a catastrophe...

even bringing back bacteria on ones skin or from a drop of sweat, flake of skin etc.. could cause anarchy...

but if you went back in time bringing back anything really wouldnt be a problem, we have beat said bacteria b4.
    the problem would be going to the future and bringing back something that we have yet to face, therefore have no cure or ways to fight it.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    but if you went back in time bringing back anything really wouldnt be a problem, we have beat said bacteria b4.
    the problem would be going to the future and bringing back something that we have yet to face, therefore have no cure or ways to fight it.

Visiting the past is in fact coming from the future relatively speaking. Viruses continue evolve as do humans (aka immune systems). It's a Paradox.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")