Options

death

stoneangestoneange Posts: 27
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
how does the reasoned person reconcile non-existence?

in the cold dark after-midnight hours when I contemplate the actuality of no longer being, i wonder how anyone else can deal with the thought of the void.

without the irrational mysticism and illogical conclusions of "religion" - if one were to coldly conclude that when we as humans cease to exist, our energy is released from decaying matter and we are really "gone - how can anyone cope with the prospect?

It honestly scares the fuck out of me all the time....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,733
    I have no reason.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I simply don't worry about it. If there's really nothing after we die, I won't know the difference.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    It's just a black screen, we'll no longer think or feel or be.
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    wtf? I'll answer you when I am sober... cus then this might make sense..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I really couldn't give a shit, as long as I'm ready to go. I'm fairly confident that we just pass into the body of someone else and will never know the difference. Might sound crazy but I don't believe in heaven and I can't fathom nothingness.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    stoneange wrote:

in the cold dark after-midnight hours when I contemplate the actuality of no longer being, i wonder how anyone else can deal with the thought of the void.

without the irrational mysticism and illogical conclusions of "religion" - if one were to coldly conclude that when we as humans cease to exist, our energy is released from decaying matter and we are really "gone - how can anyone cope with the prospect?

You do it 8 hours a night anyways, and the billion years before you were born.. Time is just a tool of measurement. Don't think of it as being non-existant.. you are the now. Its all about collective consiousness.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    You do it 8 hours a night anyways, and the billion years before you were born.. Time is just a tool of measurement. Don't think of it as being non-existant.. you are the now. Its all about collective consiousness.

Beautiful post.

I don't worry about death. However, I do fear dismemberment.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    death does not end it for you.
    call it whatever you want,

I am coming back people.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    This motherfucker is scary yall.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    stoneange wrote:

What the fuck is that? Someone needs to tap some ass, asap..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    I believe in an afterlife....
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    If/when you figure it out, please let me know.

My kids don't know jack-squat. (we're kinda athiest) To them... when you die, your body is buried in a Cemetery and your spirit goes to a big house on the mountain. A mountain so big... we can't see it. I don't have the heart to tell them otherwise.. sounds kinda cool to me. :/

My mom says I'm going to hell because of this....
  • Options

i like that.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    I believe in an afterlife....
    ....me too.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    im so scared to die. i guess if i didnt have my son it would be different.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.