Wrigley - '16
(RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
Fenway - '18
MSG - '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    not even a pat on the back or anything for dave at the end there? probably lookin into things too deeply but damn... ed must really hate his guts :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I have that bootleg somewhere... Never realized this was going on...
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Diggin those shoulder pads Ed.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    sgossard3 wrote:
    not even a pat on the back or anything for dave at the end there? probably lookin into things too deeply but damn... ed must really hate his guts :D

i agree ed gave him no recognition at all, if it were matt cameron playing guitar then im sure ed would have been all over him
  • Options
    wow...interesting....never knew....i like dave a alot more now...you can def tell in the body language that ed hates dave a heh..
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Wow i love that song!..... but sadly does this mean i will never hear this live? :p because ONLY Dave A can play the complicated chords :p

P.S. Eddie ripped the guitar off of Dave A and pushed him over right?? heh he stumbled :eek:
  • Options
    that probably explains why they don't ever play that song
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    thanks for posting this!

i've had the audio of that performance for years and years... amazing to see a video of it! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    best ...
    ... christmas ...
    ... single ...
    ... ever.

i'm not .... LoOoOoOOoOoOOoVVVVvvVvVveeEeeEEdddDdd...
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    tremortremor Posts: 37
    That song is tragically awful. I don't have any problems with Dave, but that song was shite. I think Ed hated it too. Maybe he just had a hard time saying no at that time, and hated singing it. The whole "I'm so tortured" stuff, I think he didn't like having to sing a sub-par song. I heard it was going to be on Lost Dogs but got yanked at the last minute. It's the only PJ song I feel this way about. There are a few LDs or whatever that are obviously not on te same level of the rest of the catalog, but this is the only one I hate.

I wish Dave A well though, he was a cool dude, and DID contribute some good writing.
  • Options
    tremor wrote:
    That song is tragically awful. I don't have any problems with Dave, but that song was shite. I think Ed hated it too. Maybe he just had a hard time saying no at that time, and hated singing it. The whole "I'm so tortured" stuff, I think he didn't like having to sing a sub-par song. I heard it was going to be on Lost Dogs but got yanked at the last minute. It's the only PJ song I feel this way about. There are a few LDs or whatever that are obviously not on te same level of the rest of the catalog, but this is the only one I hate.

I wish Dave A well though, he was a cool dude, and DID contribute some good writing.

Hmmph.

Angel is the best xmas single they ever did.

Angel
    Let Me Sleep
    Drifting

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    tremor wrote:

I tend to agree. Angel has never been a good song. Lyrics are subpar to PJ's standards, 3 chords over and over...

Sorry, just not a good tune.
  • Options
    I think we need more songs like Angel. Cool video... lovely to see yet another Dave A shafting.